Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bit of an odd one
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
pisontbroke
I bought a new car today from a guy up north. The V5 was still registered to the company that imported the car 5 months ago. He has only just got it through due to the company not getting their paperwork right. I filled out the V5 and he kept his bit to send off. I then think I may have got a bit carried away on my way home, on the approach to the QE2 bridge on the M25. I saw average speed cameras on the overhead gantries, but I'm not sure whether I had already passed one so I don't know whether I've been clocked.

First off, the fact that the car is not registered to me yet means there will be a delay for any possibly NIP, how will this effect things on my end, will the time period be negated?

Is there an up to date resource for current average speed camera locations so I can see whether I had already past a set prior to me noticing them on the gantries on the bridge.?
Glacier2
Essex is full of Average speed cameras. It is the latest thing. That area is well known for speed cameras. Essex is very fast at sending out NIPs.

Ok, if they do issue a NIP they will send it to the buy you bought it from and possibly it could go the the company that imported it originally. This is all good for you as it may take a few months for you to get your own NIP. If long enough is wasted there is a good chance of getting away with it.

What speed were you doing?
neil3841
QUOTE (pisontbroke @ Tue, 14 Apr 2009 - 01:02) *
I bought a new car today from a guy up north. The V5 was still registered to the company that imported the car 5 months ago. He has only just got it through due to the company not getting their paperwork right. I filled out the V5 and he kept his bit to send off. I then think I may have got a bit carried away on my way home, on the approach to the QE2 bridge on the M25. I saw average speed cameras on the overhead gantries, but I'm not sure whether I had already passed one so I don't know whether I've been clocked.

don't panic it might never come

First off, the fact that the car is not registered to me yet means there will be a delay for any possibly NIP, how will this effect things on my end, will the time period be negated?

The 14 days to get the NIP to you don't apply so they have 6 month to lay info with the court before a time out but obviously if they wish to prosecute they will send you a S172/Nip before then

Is there an up to date resource for current average speed camera locations so I can see whether I had already past a set prior to me noticing them on the gantries on the bridge.?
sorry I don't know
ford poplar
More worrying
Did the seller work for the Importer?
Why did you buy from someone not on the V5? though I accept he had the V5
I would run a vehicle check for legal ownership asap
pisontbroke
I contacted the import company and carried out a full vehicle inspection first, I've verified the car is straight. Sure, I could have waited until the car was registered in his name first, then I would have an extra owner on the V5.
pisontbroke
Looks like I may have been very lucky, having not slept all last night with worry, I went out again on the motorbike this morning (they can't get me on a bike biggrin.gif ) and checked the bridge approach. It would appear that I had slowed prior to the first camera set. Then I saw big yellow signs on each side of the road saying "CAMERAS NOT IN USE". biggrin.gif

I think I can sleep easier now.

thanks for all your help peeps.

Cheers.
Pete D
There are reports of some gantries now having a rear facing camera to read M/C rear plates. Pete D
Glacier2
Not in Essex at any rate just yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.