Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help. Puzzling NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
foxy_stoat
Hi,

My girlfriend received yesterday (11/04/09) a NIP for:

Failing to stop, failing to report an accident, Careless or inconsiderate driving.

At 11:50 hours on 07/04/2009 at A23 - London Road, Gatwick.

She does indeed drive in that area, but on 07/04/09 was at work as an A&E doctor in East Surrey Hospital (which is on the A23 near Gatwick) from 0815 to 1700. She has no recollection of any accident on the way to work and was certainly not on the roads at any time around 11:50. During this time her car was in the hospital carpark and showed no signs of being used or moved when she returned to it.

I suppose my questions are:

1. How do we find out exactly what the alleged offence is?

2. How should we best respond to this NIP?

Many thanks in advance for your advice,

Mark
ict_guy
Your gf will have to comply with the s172 notice (giving info regarding the driver), she has 28 days in which to comply with this notice. Since she knows that she wasn't the driver at that time, she should write a letter in response to the 172 notice stating everything that is in her power to give. She drove to wrk at xx time, parked her car in the hospital car park, worked her shift and drove back home at xx time. Her car was in the car park (to her knowledge) between xx time and xx time. She should speak to security to see if there is CCTV footage which can back that up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.