Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: court summons
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
crisp007
i received a NIP for doing 93mph in a 60 filled it in admitted it was me driving next thing was a court summons wot do you think i m looking at ...........
thanks for looking
southpaw82

93/60 is in the top of the three sentencing bands (though at the lower end of the top band). I'd be expecting the court to start with a ban of 14 days or 6 points and then go up or down depending on aggravating factor and any mitigation you may put forward.
crisp007
thank s for the reply southpaw ... just got to decide now whether to get a letter off my boss to say i need my licence to see if that will help to keep it and get a bigger fine
southpaw82
You can't trade off a ban or points for a bigger fine.
crisp007
hi m8.... i don t mean trade .. just thought the letter might avoid the ban and get a bigger fine
southpaw82
If you claim hardship and hence are not banned then your fine won't increase. Your post came across as saying "fine me more but don't ban me" - the two aren't linked.
crisp007
if i do get a ban will i have to do a re-test did nt pass until dec 2000
southpaw82
No, you get your licence back after a ban of less than 56 days. More than that and you re-apply for your (full) licence back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.