Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NIP Wizard] Driver from abroad 97 in 70mph on M40
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
didntmeanit
Hi there helpful members, I'd like to know how the following will impact my situation.
I had a visitor from Australia who wasnt named on my insurance as he was only he for a short visit driving my car how will this impact this process.
Also what is to be expected if/when i return the NIP having recorded 97 in a 70 zone?
thanks a million

NIP Details and Circumstances

What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - March 2009
Date of the NIP: - 9 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - M40 Motorway jct 6 to jct 7
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 12
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - No recollection of any detection

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Unsure
Do you know who was driving? - Unsure who was driving

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:34:16 +0100
jobo
the process will be

you name him or her , the police come back and ask for proof of there existence, visit to uk and insurance

then dependent on their inquiries with the auzie police, they will charge you with either permitting no insurance

or if they can prove there is no such person or they have never been near the uk, with perverting course of justice, which carries a jail sentence
ict_guy
How do you currently have 12 points on your licence?
Hotel Oscar 87
Hi didntmeanit

Your case will attract extra attention as and when the BiB realise that you have 12 points and, from their perspective, might be viewed as trying to avoid a further speeding conviction or perhaps driving whilst disqualified. The naming of foreign residents temporarily visiting this country as drivers at the time of alleged offences is seen, rightly or wrongly, as an escape route used by those here intent on avoiding a fine and points. It is a route that has been tried many, many times. Some claims are successful but others are not and have resulted in the conviction and imprisonment of those who tried it on. Not that I'm making any accusation but be sure of your ground here before you proceed further. Perverting the course of justice is guaranteed jail time.
The Rookie
Its standard when foreign drivers are named for the namer to be asked for proof of insurance and also for some proof that person was here, if your story is true you still face a potential 'permitting' (an uninsured driver to drive your car) 6 point offence.

Simon
didntmeanit
Thanks very much for your replies!

To clarify, I actually have a clean license sorry for the misunderstanding in OZ the pts are taken away starting with 12, so havent added any here.

Regarding my friend driving, i can prove he was here and any pics would show it was the case, what i cant seem to find is any conviction codes etc related to pemitting and unisured driver to use my car.

ive spoken to my insurer, and on scrutiny of the full list of conviction codes am confused as to what offence is being referred to by jobo and the rookie?

http://www.confused.com/featured-articles/...codes-874465411

Can anyone tell me more specifically about what this offence is and there personal story related to it?

Thanks again
localdriver
In your link above, scroll down to 'Causing or Permitting'. The first paragraph gives an example of permitting no insurance, offence code IN14.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.