Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Charge Notice - Think it's a private company, do I have to pay?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
westfield666

Dear All,

I've read through quite a few articles, and think the message is generally that if the 'Parking Charge Notice' is issued by a private company then you don't have to pay? Is this correct? It sounds far too good to be true!

I went to my local leisure centre and parked in their carpark, other than noting it wasn't pay-&-display I paid it little attention. I popped into to find out the costs of using the swimming pool, which were astronomical, and then left the leisure centre and walked down to TKmax which is next door. There I bumped into a friend and chatted, bought a t-shirt and returned to my car, where I had a ticket attached to my driver-side window. I've tried to attach it below but my computer skills are pretty shoddy and not sure if it's worked.
The name at the top is 'Premier Park Ltd' and it calls it a 'Parking Charge Notice' Below it states 'Civil Non Endorsable Offence'. They want £50, or £100 if payment over 7 days! I was gone 20 mins!
On close inspection of the carpark their are signs up saying that you can only leave your car parked whilst attending the leisure centre, but I managed to miss these and in all honesty never imagined this issue would exist here.
The carpark flows into another carpark with no clear boundry and I never imagined they would restrict movement between the lesuire centre and retail unit, as its all one lump of buildings!

Do I just ignore the PCP's 'Parking Charge Notice' (if it is a PCP, there is not mention of the council anywhere on the ticket)? Do I contact them and ask them to prove who was driving as is suggested in one feed I read?

Any advice welcomed.

Many, many thanks. This website was recomended to me by a friend and I shall certainly pass on the rave reviews to mine.

Cheers.

bama
PPC - do not give out any further details.

Its a mail scam.

Do NOT pay them
Do NOT contact them - thats exactly what they want you to do.
Do NOT worry.
Get on with your life

All you have is an unenforceable invoice. read the PPC FAQ
forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56
and some of the many threads here about PPCs.

It is a Con. the PPCs know how their Con works and they know how it
fails
. So do we smile.gif

There is NO need to worry at all.
Just read the threads here and try and find a case where it is has ended
badly for one of our advised 'PPC victim' posters who ignored the PPC..
When you get fed up looking for one the reality of the situation and the
strength of your position will sink in.

Once you have your head around it tell ALL your friends about this Con and
how to handle it.

You will very likely get a series of letters full of misleading bluff and bow
locks. just keep them in the drawer. They are all just landfiill, let the PPC
waste its money sending them.

To make it go away do nothing and they will move onto other fish.
Contact them and you get on the hooked fish list and they will pester you.

If you want to do something about it (and this IS a fight back forum)
then send a photocopy of each and every piece of paper you get from them to
local Trading Standards along with a stiff letter of complaint.

If you want to do more wait for the first bow locks letter you get - they
will have spent 2.50 at the DVLA to get the Registered Keeper's details (smile.gif)
write to the DVLA and ask for a copy of the request made by the PPC and the
backup evidence of contract with the landowner (see forms V888/2 and v888/3
on the DVLA website.

Then write to the landowner complaining about their
part in this pursuit of unenforceable scam 'debts'. And complain to the ICO.

How far you fight back is up to you but the more that do it the better IMV.

When the RK gets a series of bullsh1t letters reveiw their content in light of this
vw driver
(If this post breaks the rules, please PM me and I can remove this!)

I am not an expert, however, also having read quite a few PPC "Fixed Penalty Notices" threads, it looks like you can ignore this.

I found "5. I didn't see or read the signs properly"!!!!! Considering the signs must be obvious, clear, etc, I found this amusing.

The www.pcnpayments.com site funy - kind of non-descript and cheeky enough to ask for Paypal! LOL

They were less careful with the domain admin...

phone: +44.78 714 712 65
fax: +44. 8702 863 378
email: stev en gar ratt@a ol.co m

bama
I have.
Tel: 01823 413305
Fax: 01823 413321
info@premierparkingservices.co.uk

but FFS don't bother uising these details to contact them.
Dathai
Bama, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this info request, but the PPC topic seems applicable and you appear to know what you're talking about in these matters.

I have receive an "Outstanding Account" letter from TCP (Town & City Parking).
The details they give are:

AMOUNT OUTSTANDING : £60
PARKING CHARGE NOTICE REF: ...
VEHICLE REGISTRATION NO : ...
CAR PARK : ASDA STORE BEDMINSTER
DATA OF ISSUE : 05/01/2009

They then list payment options and go on to say:

Failure to make a payment within 14 days will result in you incurring an additional administration fee of £10. The total amount
outstanding will then be passed to a debt recovery agent for collection. This may result in a summons or writ being issued by your
local Sheriff or County Court and incur you in further costs....

I was about to reply to them, but then thought I'd do a bit of research and came across this forum.

This is the only notification I have had from them. There was no ticket attached to my car, and I have received no previous correspondence from them.

From what I've read in the forums, I get the impression I should just ignore this notice. Am I reading this correctly, or should I take some other form of action?

Thanks in advance.
bama
Ignore the PPC.
Neil B
No it isn't the right place. this is somebody's case. You need to start your own thread and the necessary advice will come.
Dathai
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sun, 29 Mar 2009 - 15:38) *
No it isn't the right place. this is somebody's case. You need to start your own thread and the necessary advice will come.

Ok - sorry about that. Presumably not worth starting a new thread now, since the advice is obviously to ignore them. I'll do that for now and start a new thread if I get any more interesting communications from them.
Neil B
cool. that company are also well known incidentally. Many threads on here.
westfield666
Many thanks for all the advice, the response seems to be to ignore.

But this is where I throw in a curve ball!

It's a company car!

Presumably the PCP will get the car details from DVLA, which will be the lease company my company uses. I presume the action of ignoring the PCP is perfectly legal? I'm fairly sure I can justify my decision to ignore using the mass of information available on this website. Or does the fact it's a company car and there are two sets of people likely to be involved and no doubt confirm I am the driver negate any chance of me ignoring (and the PCP giving up) succesfully?

Probably should of mentioned this originally but was a little to involved at ranting at the unfairness of the situation!

As mentioned originally this website is amazing and should be favorited by every motorist in the uk! As requested in one of the comments I will be communicating the PCP scam to all my friends, possibly even strangers in the street!

Many thanks.
southpaw82
All the company has to do is ignore them. They're under no obligation to enter into any correspondence in general, or name the driver in particular.
bama
some lease companies very clued up and don't play ball woth PPCs some like to pay it and give you a 40-50 quid charge for the honour !
What does your lease say EXACTLY about paying fines and such.
axeman
QUOTE (bama @ Sun, 29 Mar 2009 - 22:54) *
some lease companies very clued up and don't play ball woth PPCs some like to pay it and give you a 40-50 quid charge for the honour !
What does your lease say EXACTLY about paying fines and such.

HSBC are pretty savvy, make sure you ring your lease company and check, get the persons name and tell them NOT to pay it, let them know its in dispute and you will not be paying it, you are prepared to go to court to fight it! (not that you will have to)
banditburner
My car is also leased and the lease company provided my employers head office address rather than name me as a driver. They also wrote to me to say they had done so and once I informed them I was 'disputing' the invoice they wrote a second time with the specific line that they "authorise me to deal with the matter" (Importanly they did not use the term 'liability' anywhere). Key point being they did not name me as the driver and made a point of officially transferring authority in writing. Leaves me free to ignore and the PPC toothless. biggrin.gif

Ring your lease company and be nice to them; they might play ball.

My employer on the other hand was a git and threatened deduction from salary if they had to pay the 'fine' on my behalf. They simply did not want to receive the junk mail and were prepared to cough up to avoid the nuisance. (Not legal as many could tell you but awkward none the less). argue.gif

If you get on with him (or her) then ring your fleet manager too.
westfield666
Dear all,

Thanks once again everyone. Spoke to the fleet provider and they charge £25 admin fee to my compnay for pass the buck to them, too kind!
My company's agreed to pass on any correspondence to me and leave me to deal with it. Hopefully this should allow me to ignore, but I'm quite tempted by the fight back advice provided by Bama. These cowboys shouldn't be allowed to operate and scam uniformed people!

Many thanks for all your help. Will be back if I need more.

biggrin.gif
bama
just collect all their paper for a while and when you have a 'full set' post back for help with the fightback.
tactis used depend on the paper recieved - and not all tactics are published.

25 quid for passing on a letter - and the fleet manager is happy with these usurious charges ?

sounds like a bank charges issue to me.

i know of one case where the PPC invoiced a company's fleet manager and the lease company did this charging.
they then lost the contract as a direct result (it was up for renewal within months of the PPC letters), only cost them a couple of million. smile.gif
Ocelot
QUOTE (westfield666 @ Mon, 30 Mar 2009 - 15:09) *
These cowboys shouldn't be allowed to operate and scam uniformed people!

What if you're not wearing a uniform? wink.gif

Someone at my company received a private parking ticket last week, and I insisted in telling the girl who deals with company car's all about why she shouldn't pay it. Whether she took my advice is unknown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.