Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i got issed a pg9!"
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Pages: 1, 2
richard18
4 weeks till my court case mellow.gif, quick question.. is it possible i will get 3 points PER defective shock absober, or will i just get 3 points in total?
nemo
QUOTE (richard18 @ Sun, 31 May 2009 - 00:53) *
quick question.. is it possible i will get 3 points PER defective shock absober, or will i just get 3 points in total?
If convicted, it is theoretically possible for 3 points to be imposed per defect but, for offences deemed to have occurred on the same occasion, its likely to be the case that the total number of points imposed would be 3 (irrespective of conviction for multiple SA defects).

QUOTE (Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988)
28. Penalty points to be attributed to an offence.

(4) Where a person is convicted (whether on the same occasion or not) of two or more offences committed on the same occasion and involving obligatory endorsement, the total number of penalty points to be attributed to them is the number or highest number that would be attributed on a conviction of one of them (so that if the convictions are on different occasions the number of penalty points to be attributed to the offences on the later occasion or occasions shall be restricted accordingly).

(5) In a case where (apart from this subsection) subsection (4) above would apply to two or more offences, the court may if it thinks fit determine that that subsection shall not apply to the offences (or, where three or more offences are concerned, to any one or more of them).

richard18
hey guys! its my court thingy on monday i wont be attending as i plead guilty by post, how long after the court date will i get my licence back?

thanks wink.gif
jobo
could be weeks

exspect a letter within a week
richard18
been a week and still nothing sad.gif
richard18
ok just got my fine through the post today.. £425:O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111 how the hell am i going to pay this..

I didnt get my licence through the post though, why not wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.