Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Residential Parking
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
rtidridge
My local council has recently decided to introduce residential parking outside my house. They have started to paint the residential parking area on the road, but haven't completed it yet. The Council hasn't issued any application forms yet to obtain a permit and I have mislaid the paper section of my driving licence, so will have to apply for a replacement from the DVLA before I can supply my licence in support of an application.

This afternoon I found a parking ticket for £70 on the windscreen of my car (which wasn't parked on yellow lines), is this ticket valid? and do I have to pay the fine?

Many thanks for any help.

Ray
dave-o
£70 seems like a strange amount for a council ticket (unless you mean £70/£35).

Is it definitely council? It has the name of a council at the top?
emanresu
Had a similar experience a few years ago. Parking wasn't decriminalised so Council had to write to police with explanation. Police "let" me off with a warning!

Post a copy of the ticket if you can. You may also need a copy of the Council's Traffic Management Order (TMO) to see where and when the system starts.

Also go take pictures of signs, lines, etc. with a date stamp. You may need them as Council will complete the job and claim you parked otherwise.
bama
is this just a new parking area or have the council just gone decriminalised ?

also this 'late permits' thing is rife with councils - on purpose if you ask me - wait for the late 'renewals'...

different game if its PPC.
rtidridge
Sorry Dave-o, your right it is £70/£35. It is Council (City & County of Swansea).

Thanks Emanresu, I will take photos. How do i get a copy of the Council's Traffic Management Order?, I've tried their website but there doesn't seem to be anything on there. I've tried to post a copy of the ticket, but I'm new to this and am not sure if it has worked.

[url][url]

Thanks for all the help.

Ray

Hi Bama,

It's a new parking area.

Ray
dave-o
You should be able to get TMOs from the council offices. Perhaps phone them and ask where you would go.

That's not all of the PCN is it? Show it all, this could be important.
bama
Put
get TMO
in the search box on here, you will get lots of hits
watsits
appeal on the grounds the contravention did not occur and on the grounds that the penalty exceeded the relevant amount AND hopefully the traffic road order was invalid if they still haven't finished painting the lines and putting the signs up you can bet the TRO for the residents bays probably isn't in place.They have even translated the Penalty Charge Notice [PCN] into Hysbysiad a Dal Cosb [PCN] shouldn't it be Hysbysiad a Dal Cosb [HaDC]. Would be wise to copy a recent utility bill and send that to with a letter of protest that they haven't had the decency to let the residents know how to obtain permits before they enforced a new residents permit only area.
rtidridge
Here's the remainder of the ticket.

[url][url]
Neil B
QUOTE (rtidridge @ Fri, 20 Mar 2009 - 17:04) *
Here's the remainder of the ticket.

[url][url]

Not according to what it says it isn't! it's just another 'bit' of it?

-

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.