Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP PLUS ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
iluminusbutterfly
the other day on my way down the m1 I momentarily stopped for a toilet break in a service station (all of 2 minutes). As there were no parking spaces available and with it being late in the evening i stopped in the empty coach bay. on my return I discovered I have been given a parking ticket. reason I am asking on here rather than paying is that they have put my vehicle down as a saxo, when infact it is a 106, do I have a case for appealing against this?
Alexis
It's just an enforceable invoice from a private company. There is no appeals process - it's a con. No company will turn down its profit.

• do not pay
• do not contact them
• ignore their letters, threats and lies
• they will give up and go away

Read the countless private parking threads on the forum.
iluminusbutterfly
thanks for the amazingly fast reply back, that is brilliant news biggrin.gif

however you mention about no appeal process, it says on the back if i want to appeal to do it by writing
ianagarrison
You have to remember these these PPCs (Private Parking sCumbags) are just that- Private. They're not there to police fair parking, they're there to fleece the innocent motorist of their hard earned cash. Your "appeal" is usually "considered" by Bozzer & Bazzer just before they dump another engine in their. front garden or de-flea their Alsation. There's no appeals process; they just want money.

Again- just incase you didn't hear, they're low life scumbags.
Alexis
'Appeals' are always met with a templated 'appeal rejected' letter.

This is a mail scam - they want you to contact them so that they know they have a live victim.

If you never contact them, they get bored and give up sooner.
iluminusbutterfly
thanks again, I was wondering if that was the case as it says on the back also that if I don't pay within 28 days they will get my address and press me through the post, however in my head I am thinking, if I don't pay then, then what?

I imagined they would get bored like you said, but my mates reckon they will press charges, thanks for clearing that up
ianagarrison
Nowt. They'll send all manner of scary letters, ranging from tootless debt collectors to bogus solicitors (who are Bazzer and Bozzer again). If you're very lucky you may get a letter with a pant-filling mosaic border.

After wasting their postage, they'll give up and bother some other poor chump.
iluminusbutterfly
thanks, must admit if I got a debt collectors notice through I think I would get quite worried.
ianagarrison
A debt collector is quite different from a court appointed bailiff.

A debt collector is Bazzer's mate from down the local who has done time for nicking turkeys at Christmas

A Bailiff is appointed to recover money based on a court judgement for non payment.

Take a look around the site and see how many people are taken to court by these numpties and lose. Virtually zero.
MartinHP71
QUOTE (iluminusbutterfly @ Mon, 16 Mar 2009 - 17:34) *
thanks, must admit if I got a debt collectors notice through I think I would get quite worried.

As you have been advised just ignore them but if you do feel yourself caving or the letters get too extreme (which they try to do) just come back on here for some support.
TheCat
I've had dealings with this lot. You will probably get scary letters from Trethowans Solicitors. Except they aren't really from Trethowans Solicitors, they are from a special department set up to deal with parking that employs empty headed numpties.

They use the solicitors letter headings to scare you. They threaten to take you to court, ruin your credit rating and eat your babies.

Ignore them and they go away.

My babies remain uneaten.
PigSticker
QUOTE (TheCat @ Mon, 16 Mar 2009 - 19:17) *
I've had dealings with this lot. You will probably get scary letters from Trethowans Solicitors. Except they aren't really from Trethowans Solicitors, they are from a special department set up to deal with parking that employs empty headed numpties.

They use the solicitors letter headings to scare you. They threaten to take you to court, ruin your credit rating and eat your babies.

Indeed. You can even employ a reputable baby eating company at far less cost.
bama
Its a mail scam.

Do NOT pay them
Do NOT contact them - thats exactly what they want you to do.
Do NOT worry.
Get on with your life

All you have is an unenforceable invoice. read the PPC FAQ
forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56
and some of the many threads here about PPCs.

It is a Con. the PPCs know how their Con works and they know how it
fails
. So do we smile.gif

There is NO need to worry at all.
Just read the threads here and try and find a case where it is has ended
badly for one of our advised 'PPC victim' posters who ignored the PPC..
When you get fed up looking for one the reality of the situation and the
strength of your position will sink in.

Once you have your head around it tell ALL your friends about this Con and
how to handle it.

You will very likely get a series of letters full of misleading bluff and bow
locks. just keep them in the drawer. They are all just landfiill, let the PPC
waste its money sending them.

To make it go away do nothing and they will move onto other fish.
Contact them and you get on the hooked fish list and they will pester you.

If you want to do something about it (and this IS a fight back forum)
then send a photocopy of each and every piece of paper you get from them to
local Trading Standards along with a stiff letter of complaint.

If you want to do more wait for the first bow locks letter you get - they
will have spent 2.50 at the DVLA to get the Registered Keeper's details (smile.gif)
write to the DVLA and ask for a copy of the request made by the PPC and the
backup evidence of contract with the landowner (see forms V888/2 and v888/3
on the DVLA website.

Then write to the landowner complaining about their
part in this pursuit of unenforceable scam 'debts'. And complain to the ICO.

How far you fight back is up to you but the more that do it the better IMV.

also see this
iluminusbutterfly
thank you all again, i am intending on following your advice, i will post up scanned images of all the letters i get sent for your amusement

biggrin.gif
bama
now tell ALL your friends about this scam and how to beat it.
iluminusbutterfly
am doing dude biggrin.gif
southpaw82

Indeed. Trethowans tried it on in two cases to my knowledge. I did the defence for both and they went running! Cost them money, which is a bonus.
dave-o
QUOTE (iluminusbutterfly @ Mon, 16 Mar 2009 - 20:49) *
i will post up scanned images of all the letters i get sent for your amusement

If you do this, be sure you have removed any identifying details; name, address, ticket number etc.
iluminusbutterfly

as you advised, i have just received a letter from Trethowans solicitors. think i will be ignoring it....
Glacier2
Excellent stuff, now that you know how the scam works, tell all your friends.
Watcher
"but my mates reckon they will press charges," Ha ha - that's what you get from watching too much crappy american TV! laugh.gif
iluminusbutterfly
i have just received my final warning, if i dont pay by the 24th they are going to send my details to the debt collection agency sad.gif advice? continue to ignore them?
I am Weasel
continue ignoring them - debt collectors have no legal powers to reclaim the alleged debt, only court appointed baillifs can seize goods etc. Its all part of the scam
LordLucan
QUOTE (iluminusbutterfly @ Fri, 14 Aug 2009 - 11:51) *
i have just received my final warning, if i dont pay by the 24th they are going to send my details to the debt collection agency sad.gif advice? continue to ignore them?

DO NOT cave in, they will get fed up and go and bother someone less knowledgeable.
regards
iluminusbutterfly
just a thought this cant affect my credit rating can it?
Hoenzel
No.
I am Weasel
QUOTE (iluminusbutterfly @ Sun, 16 Aug 2009 - 00:05) *
just a thought this cant affect my credit rating can it?

No - the only thinng that will affect your credit rating is an unpaid CCJ which will hapen only IF
  1. they take you to court over the alleged debt (they won't)
  2. you lose the case (a properly defended case will not lose; EVER)
  3. the court make judgement against you (they wouldn't because you wouldn't lose the case)
  4. you refuse to pay within 28 days
iluminusbutterfly
brilliant cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.