Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 37 in a 30 zone.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Raze
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

Do nothing!

The police are not requesting the information from you, they are requesting it from the person the NIP is addressed to.
Wait until you receive a NIP addressed to you personally, then come back here.

Hi all.

Recently I was caught by a Watchman(?) Camera going through Brislington in Bristol.

I have only been driving for about 2 months and I am not one for speeding - especially in 30 zones.

Now, I am a named driver on my father's insurance so the NIP was addressed too him.

I had a suspicion last week that I was caught but I was unsure - either way it was a lapse in attention which I am fully aware of, but even then I can remember slowing right down too the 30 limit.

My questions are -

1 - My father will be returning the form claiming that he was not the driver and I was - as intended, what will the outcome be?

2 - The course has been offered for him and considering I have not been caught before, will the course be offered too me?

3 - Is it worth pursuing? I am know when I done the offence and in my eyes it was absolutely harmless - there is a camera a few yards down the road from that one at the second junction in Brislington which obviously I did not get caught by as I had slowed down then, is there anyway I can get out of this as I would still like to have the course option just incase this happens again.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
striker
Sit tight. If your father names you they will send a NIP addressed to you. The detail of what they offer will be on that - as a newly qualified driver (2 months ?) they may not offer a driver improvement course or a seminar as all the knowledge you should have taken onboard as a learner should have sunk in. They may feel you have passed your test and had a memory dump and so you need to do it all again. New driving test that is !!!!!!!(expensive) You might get lucky and slip through the net. Don't go asking questions as this may draw someones attention to you.
jobo
the outcome will be youl get your own, ask him to wait as log as pos before sending it back

yes you should be eligible for the course, if an offer comes just take it, if not post back and see if there is anything else you can do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.