Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding on motorway
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jamiew23
Hi there

This is my first post and i'm really worried.

I was speeding around 90mph down the M5 from Weston Super Mare to Devon.

Is there any cameras there?

What are the chances of being caught?
Watcher
How long is a piece of string?
jamiew23
okay.

But does anyone know any cameras there?
FieldEngineerScotland
When did you do it?
jamiew23
yesterday

Apparently the cameras are installed between M5 J29 Exeter (Honiton Road) and M5 J31 (A30 Interchange).

I got off at Sidmouth Road, does that mean i missed the other pair of speed cameras or not?

I don't get why it says the Junction 31 and then A30 interchange :S
Sizzler
QUOTE (jamiew23 @ Mon, 9 Mar 2009 - 16:43) *
Hi there

This is my first post and i'm really worried.

I was speeding around 90mph down the M5 from Weston Super Mare to Devon.

Is there any cameras there?

What are the chances of being caught?

If you ever get a letter asking you to name a driver, then come back here, otherwise you should be ok
nemo
QUOTE (jamiew23 @ Mon, 9 Mar 2009 - 20:27) *
Apparently the cameras are installed between M5 J29 Exeter (Honiton Road) and M5 J31 (A30 Interchange).

In the roadworks section ?

QUOTE (Highways Agency)
A30 / M5 Junction 31 Slip Road Improvement
The eastbound carriageway of the A30, which carries trunk road traffic from west Devon and Cornwall, meets the M5 at Junction 31 on the south west side of Exeter. The A38 from Plymouth and south east Cornwall also meets the M5 at this point.

We are carrying out improvements to the junction in order to increase its ability to cope with peak traffic flows during holiday periods. The basic principle involves the provision of two lanes of traffic between the A30 (eastbound carriageway) and the M5 (northbound carriageway).

Traffic Management
Following successful trials during the summer holiday season in 2007, we have designed a permanent scheme and work comenced on 26 January 2009. The 50mph speed limit which has been in place during the temporary layout will remain during the works and will be enforced with the use of average speed cameras.
jamiew23
I can't remember any road works :S

I was heading to Crealy. So do you think i would have been caught?
nemo
QUOTE (jamiew23 @ Mon, 9 Mar 2009 - 21:03) *
I was heading to Crealy. So do you think i would have been caught?

Who can say ? Not me, that's for sure. Its not my area of the country, I have absolutely no idea whether any cameras (fixed or mobile) were active on your route and I similarly have no idea quite how fast you might have been travelling if enforcement was in place.

Nothing to do but wait for 14 days and see if the [DVLA recorded] Registered Keeper receives a Notice of Intended Prosecution by post.
jamiew23
yeah i was just wondering where both of them are placed.

I past one and then came off the next junction so not sure if i would have past the other :S
jamiew23
I was going 90mph on the motorway from my destination and back.

If i get 2 nips what will happen?
andy_foster
I can tell you what will happen if you start another new thread to ask the same dumb question - you won't be asking any more questions here.
jamiew23
okay so its been 14 days since it happened and nothing through the post.

What i was wondering was because we'd only recently bought it might the nips gone to the older owners? We sent off our information and have had the confirmation and stuff that we now own the car but how long does the DVLA take to register a car?

We've had it for about 5 weeks now i suppose.
andy_foster
What is the date after the DocRef. No. at the bottom of page 2 of your V5C?
jamiew23
hmmm i'm not sure. I'm on my dad's insurance so he was the one who got the letter. We got it a few weeks ago though.

The speeding was on the 8th March. There's still been nothing through the post. Has been 14 days today.
The Rookie
The 14 days is irrelevenat if at the time of the alleged offence the scammers couldn't get 'your' address due to the info from DVLA being out of date, teh doc ref date is key, so don't ask more Q's until you have it!

Simon
jamiew23
Okay i got the reference number its: xxxx xxx xxxx

22 11 07

Is that right?
vw driver
Probably not - you say above you've had the car for 5 weeks? How can the date be in 2007?

You say you have sent the docs off - have you had them back?

If not, phone them as they should have sent them back by now!

If you have the new docs registering your car to your address, look at the Doc Ref Date here - this is the date they updated the car's keeper details.

VWD
jamiew23
sorry the date by the doc reference number is 24.02.2009

I was looking at the wrong one. We've had the new owner papers for ages. We bought the car on the 16.02.2009 if that's any help.

Still haven't received anything through the post either.

The offence happened on the 8.03.2009.

Please reply smile.gif

Thanks
The Rookie
As the possible offence was over 2 weks after DVLA was updated, it looks like you are OK.

If this is how you get after doing 90 on one mway, can I suggest for the sake of your ticker you slow down!

Simon
jamiew23
That's brilliant thank you very much.

I've been so scared that i would get something through the post. I haven't driven my car much at all lately because of that.

Thanks for the help
jamiew23
I'm still worried. Do you really think i have gotten away with it? I was definitely speeding and i definitely passed a camera :S

I still have no nip but it was a second hand car so maybe the DVLA haven't updated my details in time. Do they sometimes take over 2 weeks???
jobo
cant you just look at the transfer date on the log book

it would be so much easer than stretching out paranormal powers to the limit
jamiew23
where would that be found?
jobo
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sat, 21 Mar 2009 - 22:40) *
What is the date after the DocRef. No. at the bottom of page 2 of your V5C?

from last week
jamiew23
I did check it and i posted it on this thread but that doesn't tell me when the DVLA updated their computers does it?

It was 2 weeks after we got the car documents that i speeded. Do the DVLA normally update the details straight away?
southpaw82
QUOTE (jamiew23 @ Thu, 2 Apr 2009 - 18:24) *
I did check it and i posted it on this thread but that doesn't tell me when the DVLA updated their computers does it?

That's precisely what it tells you, hence why you were asked for it.

jamiew23
really? Wow i thought it meant when they have confirmed the car had been told not when the computers updated. So as i have no nip then i got away with it this time? Is that right?
jamiew23
anyone?
jobo
they up date the computer and then print out the new v5,

they couldn't really do it the other way round could they ?

Astarte
Seriously, stop posting....come back if you actually have something and aren't expecting us to use our telepathic powers....!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.