Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about mobile cameras and NIPS
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
buster1983
Hi guys

Is it correct that mobile safety cameras have to be clearly visible to the driver?

Also, i purchased my vehcile on 19/01/09 and V5 was issued by DVLA on the 23/01/09. If i got flashed on the 21/02/09 do you think there will be a 14 day rule exception here?

Thanks very much
nemo
QUOTE (buster1983 @ Fri, 6 Mar 2009 - 11:22) *
Is it correct that mobile safety cameras have to be clearly visible to the driver?

No - there is nothing in law which provides that speed cameras (fixed or mobile) must be visible or conspicuous.

QUOTE (buster1983 @ Fri, 6 Mar 2009 - 11:22) *
Also, i purchased my vehcile on 19/01/09 and V5 was issued by DVLA on the 23/01/09. If i got flashed on the 21/02/09 do you think there will be a 14 day rule exception here?

Is this hypothetical ?
buster1983
Hypothetical - er yes and no. Basically i was riding my bike like a bit of a twit down a small stretch of road (cant remember the speed but was over the 60 limit) didnt see any cameras or vans but someone later told me there was a van there that day.

I'll take it as it comes but i just wondered if i can breathe a small sigh of relief after tomorrow.

Cheers
nemo
QUOTE (buster1983 @ Fri, 6 Mar 2009 - 12:41) *
I'll take it as it comes but i just wondered if i can breathe a small sigh of relief after tomorrow.

Probably. A month is should be plenty long enough for the relevant databases to be updated..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.