Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moved House, 15 months later Parking Services got in touch
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
cossie
Hi all,

Received a letter from my council (parking services)15 months after a PCN was issued saying I owe £95. Turned out they apparently sent the NTO to my old address, even though DVLA was informed of my new address. I contacted them and they have decided to reduce the payment to £60.
Now, here's the confusing bit:
I have asked for and received copies of the initial email I sent plus the rejection letter from the council, (both of which include my new address and my telephone number), but the NTO is not the original copy.
I had parked on double yellows to quickly get to my mates toilet, as I suffer with IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome). My blue badge was displayed, but in the panic to get to his house I dropped the clock onto to the floor.
So, how do I proceed;
  1. Ask for the original NTO?
  2. Appeal again on Medical Grounds?
Any further help would be greatly received biggrin.gif
Neil B
You can't do either 1. or 2. with any effect. Don't worry, there are things to do. Do you have an Order for Recovery? we need to see all documents you have.

- and something is wrong. £105 cannot be reduced to £60- percentages don't tally.

-

cossie
QUOTE (Neil B @ Tue, 24 Feb 2009 - 18:43) *
You can't do either 1. or 2. with any effect. Don't worry, there are things to do. Do you have an Order for Recovery? we need to see all documents you have.

- and something is wrong. £105 cannot be reduced to £60- percentages don't tally.

-

Sorry Neil,
Maybe I should have been a bit clearer.
The first recent letter from the council stated they received my details back from the bailiffs, and I should pay £95 immediately. I then explained to the council that I hadn't received any correspondence from them at all regarding this PCN. This is when they decided to(eventually) reduce the original charge of £90 to £60.
Surely, if I haven't received any correspondence I should still be able to make a formal representation? mellow.gif
And no, I haven't received an order for recovery.
Neil B
QUOTE (cossie @ Tue, 24 Feb 2009 - 19:14) *
 the original charge of £90 to £60.
Surely, if I haven't received any correspondence I should still be able to make a formal representation? mellow.gif
And no, I haven't received an order for recovery.

like i said - we need to see.

£90 and £60 bears no relation to the demand for £105. Something is wrong.

cossie
QUOTE (Neil B @ Tue, 24 Feb 2009 - 19:23) *
QUOTE (cossie @ Tue, 24 Feb 2009 - 19:14) *

£90 and £60 bears no relation to the demand for £105. Something is wrong.

Rechecked and edited posts,
The original letter was asking for £95 not £105 sleep.gif
dave-o
*my mistake*
southpaw82
£60 penalty charge x 150% on OfR = £90 + £5 for warrant = £95.
cossie
Is there nothing I can do then?
Neil B
QUOTE (cossie @ Wed, 25 Feb 2009 - 19:07) *
Is there nothing I can do then?

There is plenty you can do but had to clarify the facts when you posted amounts that couldn't make sense.

Normally you would make a Statutory Declaration to 'Northampton TEC' - the issuer of the warrant.

by saying you never received the NtO it would possibly return the case to the appropriate stage, depending on timescale.

It seems though that the Council have agreed to that, albeit partially, anyway. yes that should include the right of appeal.

what have they actually said and how - in writing?

Show us all documents and communication log you have.

-

cossie
Here is a copy of the original email:

cossie
Here is a copy of the original rejection letter:

Here is a NEW NtO, no copy of the original:

Please bear in mind that they are now offering me the chance to pay £60!
southpaw82
NTO is rubbish - "within 28 days" but for some reason you haven't shown us ALL of it (I won't make this point again - show us ALL of the docs).
Neil B
A few things still unclear.

You asked why you couldn't appeal? Why do you think so - the NtO allows you to appeal now.

Don't understand how you say this is not the original NtO. It only has to be identical copy - barring the address issue. How do you know what the original was like?

- and as SP says - we need to see ALL documents - then we can fully understand the story. You mentioned at least one letter?

-----------------

Not sure if there might be an issue with this late enforcement. i suppose it boils down to whether DVLA made a mistake and how quickly Council reacted. More knowledgable will know. 

-

cossie
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Thu, 26 Feb 2009 - 10:05) *
NTO is rubbish - "within 28 days" but for some reason you haven't shown us ALL of it (I won't make this point again - show us ALL of the docs).

Can you clarify why the NtO is rubbish.
..."I won,t make this point again"... Your not a school teacher are you, by any chance.
When you say ALL the docs, what else are YOU looking for.

southpaw82
Beyond help, I'm afraid.
cossie
QUOTE (Neil B @ Thu, 26 Feb 2009 - 10:25) *
A few things still unclear.

You asked why you couldn't appeal? Why do you think so - the NtO allows you to appeal now.

I didn't ask why I couldn't appeal, I was just wondering which way to go??

Don't understand how you say this is not the original NtO. It only has to be identical copy - barring the address issue. How do you know what the original was like?

If you check the dates;
  • PCN Issue date: 27/11/2007
  • Date of Issue of This Notice: 23/02/2009
So this can't be the original NtO, my point being did they actually send an NtO to start with if they can't produce the original?

- and as SP says - we need to see ALL documents - then we can fully understand the story. You mentioned at least one letter?

The only letter that I haven't uploaded is the latest one that they sent asking me to pay £95, which would be of no use, seeing as they are now giving me the choice to pay £60, but this can be uploaded if you think it may be relevant.

cossie
Hmmm, guessing no one can help then closedeyes.gif
Neil B
QUOTE (cossie @ Fri, 27 Feb 2009 - 19:37) *
Hmmm, guessing no one can help then closedeyes.gif

There is plenty of help - IF you do as suggested and show us everything. Everything as in everything as in all of it as in I can't think of another word for it??

people will explain the flaws once they have seen it ALL. It saves time.

-

cossie
Let me start again,
Here is all the paperwork from the parking services, the only one that seems to be missing is the one about my change of address with the DVLA, I shall ask for another copy of this letter on Monday.

Original PCN

Recent letter 2009.

Hope the pics are clear enough.

Glacier2
The PCN is invalid for starters. Uses the within formula. It is a very badly drafted PCN.

We need to see the back of the PCN and the front of what appears to be a notice to owner.

When did you receive the notice to owner?
cossie
QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Sat, 28 Feb 2009 - 14:10) *
The PCN is invalid for starters. Uses the within formula. It is a very badly drafted PCN.

We need to see the back of the PCN and the front of what appears to be a notice to owner.

When did you receive the notice to owner?

Here is the back of the PCN glacier,

The front of the NtO was posted ...Posted Thu, 26 Feb 2009 - 09:06... go to page 1 and scroll up glacier, you should see it.
The original NtO was alledgedly sent in 2007, this one was sent 23/02/2009.
Not sure what you mean about the "within formula", does this apply to old PCN's?
cossie
Anyone know anything about the "within formula"?
Glacier2
Within adds an extra day to pay which is not allowed. The 28 days includes the date of issue. Within extends that by 1 day. PCN invalid as a result.
cossie
Nice one glacier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.