Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: £60 fine...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ambuletz
My father was driving my car at the time of when he was allegedly spotted by a camera in the town centre, turning into a road that he shouldn't have. The deadline to pay the £60 fine (before it went up to £120), was thursday 12th feb. I called up the day before (wednesday 11th feb), to pay it for him. They pointed out to me that I could request photos, which will delay the period at which I can pay £60. I could then wait until I get the pictures, and say whether I agree with them or not.

However, tomorrow, it will make it 2 weeks, and no photos have arrived?
What to do.
Thanks guys.
dave-o
Phone them up and ask them what is going on. Ask for confirmation that the matter is on hold while you wait. Take the name and title of anyone you speak to.
jufair
I think you are quite justified in questioning this type of big brother parking fines.
The bait is to pay before it doubles in price. Therefore the cheating local councils blackmail you into paying this ticket sooner.
To make the liars work for the money, you are going against the councils buisness model.
It is a shame that we all do not challange the thieves in the town Hall on every occasion, then they would make sure that what they were trying on was in accordance with the laws of the land.
I wish you good luck, but be aware that all Councils lie and cheat to obtain yer ard erned brass, so mak en wuk for it.
ambuletz
I gave them a call today. they mentioned that it will take at least 4weeks for it to arrived.. much to my surprise they have cancelled it.
wav.gif
bama
they sending written confirmation ?
Teufel
i hope you made a note of the persons name and the date/time

confirm back to them in writing asap !
ambuletz
yeap, the woman on the phone said that written confirmation that it will be cancelled is going to be sent through the post.
she also said to me her name, (her being that only name in the office), has spoken to <insert man's name> in the back office that the fine has been cancelled.
axeman
Just shows, always challenge the sh#t they send out, if more people did it, every time they would fold more often.
dave-o
QUOTE (ambuletz @ Thu, 26 Feb 2009 - 00:26) *
yeap, the woman on the phone said that written confirmation that it will be cancelled is going to be sent through the post.
she also said to me her name, (her being that only name in the office), has spoken to <insert man's name> in the back office that the fine has been cancelled.

So you haven't got her full name, or the back office guy's name?

Don't hold your breath about getting that confirmation.
Neil B
Would have been helpful to mention somewhere along the line - who it is we're talking about?

-

ambuletz
I do, I have both names of the woman, and the guy in the back office.
dave-o
Oh fair enough. I thought you meant you only had her first name....
Neil B
QUOTE (Neil B @ Thu, 26 Feb 2009 - 10:59) *
Would have been helpful to mention somewhere along the line - who it is we're talking about?

Still a secret?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.