Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1 way street
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Guth
Iwent down a one way street tonight, i was having an argument with the gf and completely never noticed. i knew i had done it straight away but i couldnt turn so i just kept going, then i noticed a corsa had done it behind me and was following me, so i stopped in the next space i saw thinking it was the police but they drove on past.

i procedded to drive around the town and noticed the corsa was following me, i drove around for atleast 20-25 minutes and the corsa was still followning me from a distance. I got home, came out of the car and the corsa drove up past my street, having a good stare at me then went away.

2 minutes later the police come and tell me theyre reporting it to the fiscal and ill get £60 fine and 3 points.

i ask if i can also complain about the corsa doing the same but the officer tells me that i cant because there is reasons i dont know about, and i ask why and he tells me that i dont know who it is. I think, trying to imply its another officer but i know it wasnt a police man, atleast on duty anyway.

anything i can do about the guy following me for atleast 15 minutes and also going down the 1 way street.

sorry this isnt written greatly, im tired and in a bad mood now.
Glacier2
I strongly suspect the corsa was a police car of some description.
jobo
did you drive through a no entry sign or come out of a side road and ignore a directional an arrow

have they given you an fpn or not

they really need to nip you in writing, as you were not stopped at the time, half an hour later is not really at the time

please expand
Guth
QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Sun, 15 Feb 2009 - 23:56) *
I strongly suspect the corsa was a police car of some description.

ive never heard of the police using corsas for undercover cars though, especially not in my area, and if so, why didnt he stop me?

It may have been an off duty officer, but then, if he is off duty, he has no right to go down that street either.

thanks for the reply.

QUOTE (jobo @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 00:05) *
did you drive through a no entry sign or come out of a side road and ignore a directional an arrow have they given you an fpn or not they really need to nip you in writing, as you were not stopped at the time, half an hour later is not really at the time please expand

i turned left into a 1 way street, and through a a no entry sign.

i wasnt given anything, the officer told me he couldnt give me an fpn as it wasnt him that actually saw me, it was reported by another road user. 1 person.

He told me he would send a report to the fiscal and it may be ignored but i should expect 3 points and a £60 fine
Glacier2
Well it sure sounds like the guy in the corsa grassed you up. Of course he didn't say he followed you around.

I doubt they will proceed unless the witness happened to be a copper.

As Jobo said they really need to NIP you within 14 days.
Guth
QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 00:13) *
Well it sure sounds like the guy in the corsa grassed you up. Of course he didn't say he followed you around. I doubt they will proceed unless the witness happened to be a copper. As Jobo said they really need to NIP you within 14 days.

im pretty sure he did, i even stopped in a car park to talk to a mate and the corsa stopped at the other side, when i pulled away, so did he, keeping his distance and followed me home.

thanks for al the replies.

so do i still need to wait for an NIP or do they not have to do it because they have already spoken to me?
jobo
QUOTE (Guth @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 00:08) *
i turned left into a 1 way street, and through a a no entry sign.

are you sure , i though you wernt looking

its inportant, as going the wrong way down a one way street is endorsable, going through a no entry sign is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.