Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding question
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Riva
Hey guys, not been posting much but always view the forum.

Thanks for all the help re: the scotland speeding case.

Back to the question, So im an agency driver and was working for another company at the time.

I was driving up the A15 (lincoln - Humber bridge part, if anyone knows it)

I was in a 7.5t lorry which on the a15 im limited to 50mph, which i was doing......went past the scamera and flash flash

Not the happiest man in the world i tell you, now.....my tacho shows i was doing the speed limit (although as luck would have it, the 80kmh on the tacho runs right over the bit when i got flashed)

So question is if i get a speeding ticket will my tacho get me off showing i wasnt speeding??

Also, i spoke to another driver, driving the exact type of truck and he said it happened to him but not the artic he was following, or the artic behind him!!
Pete D
What is the speed limit on that section of road, was it 60 mph so you are restricted to 50 mph or what. Pete D
Riva
It was national speed limit
spanner345
I know the road well, it is a big wide dual carriageway, almost motorway standard.....National speed limit.
ict_guy
You will be able to calculate your speed from the 2 photos - using the calibration markings on the road and the time period between the photos. Case solved!
Riva
QUOTE (spanner345 @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 10:57) *
I know the road well, it is a big wide dual carriageway, almost motorway standard.....National speed limit.

Not that bit fella, the bit after you come off the motorway if going to lincoln

QUOTE (ict_guy @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 10:57) *
You will be able to calculate your speed from the 2 photos - using the calibration markings on the road and the time period between the photos. Case solved!

Will my tacho be a good form of evidence also?
ict_guy
QUOTE (Riva @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 11:04) *

Possibly, but nothing will be better than the photos that the CPS will try to use to convict you in court. When they calculate your speed from them and show that you were actually not speeding wink.gif
Riva
Ah right, sorry i get ya!

Dont fancy another trip to court.....going on thursday for a broken headlight, pathetic
spanner345
QUOTE (Riva @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 11:04) *
QUOTE (spanner345 @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 10:57) *

Not that bit fella, the bit after you come off the motorway if going to lincoln

Single carriageway all the way on that bit, horrible, dangerous road. Assuming 7.5 tons gross.....50 mph

7.5 unladen...40mph
ict_guy
QUOTE (spanner345 @ Sat, 14 Feb 2009 - 12:32) *
7.5 unladen...40mph

Oh, well that changes things!
Riva
7.5 fully loaded
spanner345
QUOTE (Riva @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 15:30) *
7.5 fully loaded

50mph, they might have mistaken your vehicle for an H.G.V.
Dr Science
QUOTE (spanner345 @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 15:34) *
QUOTE (Riva @ Mon, 16 Feb 2009 - 15:30) *
7.5 fully loaded

50mph, they might have mistaken your vehicle for an H.G.V.

The GATSO (and it sounds like a GATSO) works out if the vehicle is "a car" or "a truck" from a rather quick & dirty measurement of approximately how long the vehicle is - it knows nothing of the actual weight.

This means that all the photos taken of "truck-like" vehicles have to be manually checked on the DVLA computer to see what they are actually registered as and what the speed limit at that location was.

Dr.S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.