Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calibration of LTI 20-20 TS/M
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
calibration
The manufacturers certificate of calibration supplied to me for the LTI 20-20 TS/M speedscope measuring device states three ranges of calibration at zero miles per hour - No 1 25 metres, 0 mph = pass, No 2 75 metres, 0 mph pass, No 3 100 metres, 0 mph= pass. The photo sent with my speeding fine clearly states 36 mph, 0103.1M. My contention is the calibration certificate is only valid at the 3 stated distances-25M, 75M and 100M, therefore, the distance shown in the photo is 103.1M and is outside the tested range for accuracy of the device. Furthermore there is another vehicle visible in the picture. I understand this may affect the result of the speedscope -is this so?
Martyn_Oldman
Unfortunately you will get nowhere with an 'its over 100m and only calibrated to 100m' argument.
SMURF POWER
QUOTE (calibration @ Mon, 9 Feb 2009 - 22:33) *
The manufacturers certificate of calibration supplied to me for the LTI 20-20 TS/M speedscope measuring device states three ranges of calibration at zero miles per hour - No 1 25 metres, 0 mph = pass, No 2 75 metres, 0 mph pass, No 3 100 metres, 0 mph= pass. The photo sent with my speeding fine clearly states 36 mph, 0103.1M. My contention is the calibration certificate is only valid at the 3 stated distances-25M, 75M and 100M, therefore, the distance shown in the photo is 103.1M and is outside the tested range for accuracy of the device.

Depending on what device the effective range is many times more than the calibrated range. No issue with the distance being more than 100 meters

QUOTE (calibration @ Mon, 9 Feb 2009 - 22:33) *
Furthermore there is another vehicle visible in the picture. I understand this may affect the result of the speedscope -is this so?

May be with RADAR unlikely with LIDAR (LTI) post pictures and experts will have a look
The Rookie
The type approval requirement is for calibration at those three distances.........

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.