Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: towed away
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mark768
hi all

can anyone tell me if this illegeal i got my car towed away the other day in docklands when i went to get it released they told me i had to pay the release fee of £200 and £60 for the parking ticket i want to appeal against it as i was not parked illegeally but as i have paid the parking ticket it admits that i was guilty

on the back of the ticket it says: CLAMPING AND REMOVAL Payment(including the payment of the penalty charge )is required before the release of vehicles towed away or clamped.

surely this is illegeal as you are having to admit guilt to get your car back and as i understand you cannot appeal a ticket once you have paid it

this there for takes away your right to appeal

can anyone help on this matter

thanks

Mark

Neil B
Yaaawwwnn.

sounds like another TH case.

You are towing case number 40 ish mate! Yes we know all about them.

We need scans of everything you have been given. Everything means everything and ALL of everything.

-

bama
both sides of all of everything
Teufel
you do have a right of appeal

thye should hav informed u of this -failure to do so properly
wiil get u yr money back

post ALL docs (means EVERYTHING) front and back - reemove persoanl detilas
Neil B
QUOTE (Teufel @ Sun, 25 Jan 2009 - 16:07) *
you do have a right of appeal

thye should hav informed u of this -failure to do so properly
wiil get u yr money back

post ALL docs (means EVERYTHING) front and back - reemove persoanl detilas

What makes me laugh is that, although slightly on the wrong track, a screenshot of his first post is absolute proof that prejudice was caused - but he doesn't know why yet!

-

quickboy
QUOTE (mark768 @ Sun, 25 Jan 2009 - 13:13) *
as i understand you cannot appeal a ticket once you have paid it

this there for takes away your right to appeal

can anyone help on this matter

thanks

Mark

You can still appeal a ticket although already paid. It happened in my case and I won against the council. Just keep at them. They will know that the TMA 2004 allows them to refund a ticket in order that an appeal may be lodged. Good luck and keep us informed on the forum how you get on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.