Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mobile Cam Van past sidcup A20 london bound.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
Mattu101
Hypothetically if one was to travel past a mobile van in a 40mph zone at 60mph on a probationary (just passed) license period would there be any chance of retaining a license in circumstances where its suspension would be detrimental to dependents?, also on regulations of high visibility if these have not been followed i.e parked round a blind yet slight bend is any evidence admissible?, also if the mobile van is illegally parked on double reds would the police be likely to take to court?

Sorry about all the questions, the exact location of the van was outside flamingo park past the 50 gatso between queen Mary's roundabout and five ways London bound, and the person in question pays no attention to the speedometer, prefers to drive at a safe and controllable speed and did not realize was above the limit passed down from those with self given divine right untill after the van (was an o sheet moment I assure).

Anyway rather scared as driving license underpins ones future education and job (also left it late to do, having a kid that you want to do well for really gives one a kick up the arris), O the training is for a placement on a motorsports team If interested, and requires a full license for entry.

Thanks guys, also thanks to all who responded in my PCN thread, I got this cancelled by pointing out the bay was a non-prescribed 1032 1028.4 hybrid smile.gif
MartinHP71
The position of the police vehicle is governed by guidelines and not regulations and therefore irrespective of where or how they park the evidence is still useable.

The lose of the license (if within the first 2 years) is not dependant upon the courts its removed by DVLA when you get 6 points. The points however are given by the court and somehow you might convince a magistrate to give a short ban instead of points (but unlikely).

If the licence is so key to education and job then driving around ignoring the posted signs is not a very good idea.
Hotel Oscar 87
As at 60mph in a 40mph the speed is within the threshold for a fixed penalty then this would only attract 3 points which would not take the licence over the 6 point tariff for an automatic revokation (this is not dealt with by the courts and is an administrative process operated by the DVLA on behalf of the secretary of State. There is no appeal and no means of offering mitigation) - assuming that the licence in question is free of points at the moment. The visibility of the van/personnel is a dead duck since the ending of the Hypothecation Scheme in Spring 2007. As for the van beiung parked on double reds you could always try reporting it but I'd doubt anything is done about it.
Mattu101
Hopefully at worst will be three points (fingers crossed) , and martin very true, I tend to drive with what I feel Is safe from experience and local knowledge and rarely look at my speedo, which is obviously where the council hideaways expect me to be looking, or moreso not; somebody has to earn them their bonus.

I should know better than to assume I have the ability to accurately perceive what is safe where I have lived and traveled my entire life, I will remember that from now, having avoided being in a fair share of accidents due to the large amount of absolute crap drivers I've come across I find this all quite unjust. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.