Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Help, please] Correct roadside procedures?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
timeonmyhands
I couldn't find any other thread that answered this question, so I'mhoping I'm not wasting people's time...

I stupidly went into a closed street which I later discovered had a crime incident going on at the other end. Yes the signs were up but I mis-read them as a diversion around roadworks or something (I was tired). I was followed by a bunch of other cars and was stopped by a policeman who yelled that I now had 3 points on my licence and that I should turn around before I lost my licence. He then went to tell the other cars to turn around.

My question is... he took no details from me, or from any of the other drivers, and he made no note (that I could see) of my number plate. Was his rant all bluster, or can I expect a notice of prosecution in a couple of weeks?
southpaw82
I'd imagine he was too busy dealing with what was going on. Expect to hear nothing more.
daveboy
Concur with the above - and they wonder why no-one respects the plod any more rolleyes.gif
timeonmyhands
I hope so - my only worry is that we'd all passed a traffic light (green, of course!) and I got paranoid that they'd use the cameras on that to get the details (I'm assuming the lights did have a camera).
quickboy
Most traffic lights don't have cameras attached as standard. A lot will have red light ones set up, but as you say you went through on green, so not applicable.
The Rookie
The manner of road closure was probably not in a manner that would then mean passing it constituted an offence, in what manner was the closure 'communicated'?

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.