Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCNs and timelags
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
pluggulp
I received a Council letter headed 'NOTICE TO OWNER Traffic Management Act 2004'. On the side of the letter with the vehicle details there is a PCN number. It was not immediately clear to me whether this document was itself a PCN or referring to a PCN issued at an earlier date. However as the letter began 'This Notice is issued by the Council under the above Act.'... I think it probably is a PCN.

This distinction is important because it refers to an alleged parking offence on 12/12/08. The 'date of this Notice' is 12/01/09 and the 'date of service of this Notice' is 15/01/09.

I had nothing attached to my car on 12/12/08 which wasn't in the street anyway(thanks to a diary note) so I assume that this Notice has been triggered by satellite ( a quiet cul-de-sac would not have CCTV, would it?Would it!!!)
I saw on another site that outside London 28 days notice is required and they are way over this but is it the rule the same for London?
So 2 questions here
1 They say if it looks like a duck and smells like a duck then it probably is a duck. I do not know what a PCN looks like but this letter kind of smells like one. Is it?
2 Is 28 days UK-wide?
Anorak
Most likely a CEO issued a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and stuck it on your windscreen only for some passerby to think it funny to remove it. As the council did not hear from you within 28 days they contacted the DVLA to obtain your address and issue a Notice to Owner (NtO). You now have 28 days to submit an appeal (representation) or pay. As the charge is at the full amount you have nothing to lose by appealing.

Upload the NtO so we can view it and advise. If you are able go back to the location of the contravention and take some photos of the bay/lines and signs and upload here as they may not be legally compliant.
pluggulp
Will do but as a newby i am struggling to find out how to do this . I guess I need a scanner.
Neil B
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

use tinypic please.

It is not a PCN. It is what it says it is a NtO served after a PCN

from your description it is already flawed - they cannot presume a date of service - let alone one that doesn't even tally with definitions of service times.

i thought initially another of my favourite Richmond - now not sure.

-

QUOTE (pluggulp @ Tue, 20 Jan 2009 - 23:53) *
Will do but as a newby i am struggling to find out how to do this . I guess I need a scanner.

think outside the box a bit?

digi camera, internet cafe, pc repair shop facilities, printing shop?

bama
digital camera - or a mobile phone with one built in. Use close-up/autofocus/macro mode or pics will be too fuzzy to use.

post them up on the Tinypic host as detailed in this
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

satellite ? heaven forbid. all kinds of possible reason why NO PCN received..some good, some bad.

when you say "I had nothing attached to my car on 12/12/08 which wasn't in the street anyway"
was the car in use at all on that day ? parked in a garage all day ? what ? ?
if the car wasn't in the street how could there have been a parking contravention (allegation) at all ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.