Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red light offence - no offer for course
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Elen
Hi there,
i just got notice for contraverting red traffic light... which i did...
but they are not offering me a course? just 3 points and £60 fine..

is there anything i can do to get a course instead?...
this is the only time i accidentaly done that (40mph zone, wet, downhill - was scared to break sharply...)
but i already have 3 point for speeding.. so would like to avoid additional..

anyone?

thank you
BaggieBoy
Assuming they actually run such a course (not all forces do), it would not do any harm to write/call them and ask. However if they haven't offered one, then I suspect your chances of success aren't too high.
spanner345
How long have you had your license?
Elen
BaggieBoy
yes there is such course - Driver Awareness Course
which my mum has attahnded less than two month ago, due to same incedent on the same traffic light (yes, i know it's sound silly... but it happened)

spanner345
i have my licence over two years.
BaggieBoy
They might be over their quota, i.e. no places available in the near future. Call them and ask, you never know, someone might have just cancelled.
Adept
IS there a course for red light offences?
i thought it was purely sac
BaggieBoy
Some forces do more generic "Driver" awareness courses (as opposed to the more common "Speed" awareness course).
Elen
ok, i'll try to ring them on Monday...
Elen
just to let you know
they do offer this course to some who met a cirtain criteria... i.e. it was under 1 secons when you got flashed on traffic camera.

unfortunately i was over... have to accept this.

any one knows when these point will run out?
say i got 3 point in july + 3 points now, will they all still clear out after 3 years from now?
nemo
They will cease to be valid for totting purposes three years from the date of the alleged offence.
Elen
thanks..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.