Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do traffic lights NIPs count the same as Speeding NIPS
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
too many red lights
Dear All

The forum have all concentrated on speeding but are NIPs for jumping red lights have the same application of s172 as for speed cameras.

I think the same rule applies but would be grateful for clarification from the forum ( just got a NIP sad.gif

A point of clarification - does the 28 day rule apply from date of alleged offence or from date of letter of NIP?

When Ken started his congestion charge, traffic lights were calibrated to only give 7 secs windows on some routes to achieve greater congestion. Some of these have eased up from the 7 secs spam but are still ridiculous short and in London, I think they are filling up traffic cameras with film more frequently to catch the frustrated motorists!

PS how come traffic light cameras are NOT covered in fluorescent yellow boards? and when they are reprogrammed to be duel purpose, will they have the added yellow paint?

Kind Regards
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (too many red lights)
A point of clarification - does the 28 day rule apply from date of alleged offence or from date of letter of NIP?

From the date of issue of the NIP. Think about it, it has to be that, otherwise it would be impossible to return the NIP on time where there are several NIPs in the chain.

QUOTE (too many red lights)
When Ken started his congestion charge, traffic lights were calibrated to only give 7 secs windows on some routes to achieve greater congestion. Some of these have eased up from the 7 secs spam but are still ridiculous short and in London, I think they are filling up traffic cameras with film more frequently to catch the frustrated motorists!

Not too far fetched. The American AA have alleged that Lockheed Martin, who run the traffic light systems in one of their big cities, and rake off about 50% for the priviledge, have been setting the phasing to maximise the number of red light jumpers, and thus their income.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.