Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: red light any 1 help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
hydro work force
i put my hands up i accidently went through a red light, i will pay the fine and take the points if i have to----------
i work for a company with a hired van, i went through the redlight on october 9th, i got paper work through january 5th, after it had been sent to the company who own the vehicle who sent it to my company, who told them my address, i was wondering is there any time limit as it seems a long time nearly 3 months any help thanks.....
glasgow_bhoy
They have 14 days to serve the NIP on the Registered Keeper (exceptions apply)

They then have the remainder of upto 6 months to summons the named driver or to offer 3 points and £60 fine

Seeing as you admit to the offence Im assuming you have just got your own S172 request. Hold off sending this and then send it back Recorded Delivery on like the 25th day so it gets back to them on time. Then they will send you a CoFP which you must then take your time in sending back. Doubt it will time out but theres always the chance... I mean your already 3 months in- this will take another 2 months... that would mean a month has to be found somewhere for a timeout
hydro work force
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Tue, 13 Jan 2009 - 21:56) *
They have 14 days to serve the NIP on the Registered Keeper (exceptions apply)

They then have the remainder of upto 6 months to summons the named driver or to offer 3 points and £60 fine

Seeing as you admit to the offence Im assuming you have just got your own S172 request. Hold off sending this and then send it back Recorded Delivery on like the 25th day so it gets back to them on time. Then they will send you a CoFP which you must then take your time in sending back. Doubt it will time out but theres always the chance... I mean your already 3 months in- this will take another 2 months... that would mean a month has to be found somewhere for a timeout

got a letter today saying fill in part 1 and 5 if you admit it, and take it to the police station within 28 days
glasgow_bhoy
Are you sure its not to be posted back to the Central Ticketing Office?

BTW this would get more replies if it was in amongst the Speeding and Other Criminal Offences Forum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.