Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question of a recently sold car.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dave47676
This has me a little worried (although i am aware this is somewhat pointless until something occurs).

I sold an MOT and Taxless car on the 23rd Dec. The car was started and money exchanged.

I went to get the relevant paperwork to fill in and they left without me getting any details apart from where they were heading to and the reg plate of a car that was with them.

I called the police and given that as i'd received the money there was nothing they could do as a crime hadn't been committed, which i can understand. I e-mailed the DVLN i mean A and all i got told was to return the V5 with as much info as i had and a signature (mine).

Thing is they were driving like knobs, i know there are several Party collection cameras between here and Pontypool and i'm a bit nervous if the passed one because its going to come straight back to me..... and i couldn't ID the driver even if i wanted to.

Not really expecting anything in this post... more of me giving a warning out to fill the V5 in b4 keys are handed over. huh.gif
jobo
youd be in exactly the same position if youd sold it and they had put a false name on it

they cant tax it without the v5 bso you can pretty much assume they wont be taxing it

I wouldnt be surprised if you get something, but you've done all you can, have you got a record of who you spoke to
dave47676
QUOTE (jobo @ Tue, 30 Dec 2008 - 00:17) *
youd be in exactly the same position if youd sold it and they had put a false name on it

they cant tax it without the v5 bso you can pretty much assume they wont be taxing it

I wouldnt be surprised if you get something, but you've done all you can, have you got a record of who you spoke to

no but my phone bill will confirm a call to the non-emergency police number went through (called SWP HQ) and i have copies of relevent e-mails.

The car isn't going to be taxed i think. He did mention all he wanted was the engine...

I'll just follow what the DVLA said and deal with anything else as or if it arrives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.