Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Camera Flashed Two Times
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
nadeem iqbal
Hello,
All,

I have been going home from work alone, When a speed camera facing towards me flashed two time, I was doing 40MPH but that road was 30MPH.

Can you please advise me was it real as i have been heard from people saying if a camera flashes from front Nothing will happen it is just a caution.

If it is real that i have been caught Then what is going to happen and how would i deal with the situation? Any penalties, Court, Points OR ? ? ?
Are there any ways to get away from situation?
Please give me your best advise

I have UK full driving licence 2 years OLD
I had insurance, MOT, Vehicle was taxed, Every thing is on my name.

Many Thanks And Regards
simonfb10
Hi

The camera usually flashes twice so that the police can check the distance your vehicle traveled between two points.
They can then work out if your actual speed.

40mph in a 30mph limit usually carry's a 3 point endorsement and a 60 quid fine, look else where on these forums on help responding to the NIP.
jobo
bit confused

if it was trulivo, a proper forward facing camera, then it only flashes once/ if it was a gatso on the other side of the road from you, then they cant do you from the front, and yes if it goes off when going towards it there's no camera in it and its best taken as a warning

the best way to tell them apart are the lines on the road

if its got a series of lines then it a gatso and your safe

if its only got three lines, then its a trulivo and you've probably got an nip wending its way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.