Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: prolaser 3 use on A9 at night
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
piranha
Can anyone help or know if I stand a chance. Was stopped between Perth and Inverness accused of driving at 99mph when I was doing 60mph was pitch black conditions hand held prolaser 3 device from a static police car passenger seat at a distance of 1714ft 2 officers in police car. They told me I was caught doing 99mph, I laughed in disbelief and said no way was I going that speed and I still insist I was travelling at 60mph. how can this be accurate from hand held at 1714ft in the dark? Hope someone can help
Mr Grumpy
Have a read of this
greatscot
Piranha,

I've also been charged with 99 in a 60 using Pro-Laser III in the dark. I have a thread up. Unfortunately I'm still looking for answers as well.

Any other cars on the road?
ict_guy
QUOTE (greatscot @ Wed, 26 Nov 2008 - 20:43) *
Piranha,

I've also been charged with 99 in a 60 using Pro-Laser III in the dark. I have a thread up. Unfortunately I'm still looking for answers as well.

Any other cars on the road?

Yeah, but your E46 M3 is certainly capable of that speed. If it had shown 160MPH, then you could show them that the car is restricted to 155.

Surely some kind of law should be passed stating time restrictions for handheld lasers - dawn till dusk??
greatscot
Yeah, but your E46 M3 is certainly capable of that speed. If it had shown 160MPH, then you could show them that the car is restricted to 155.

Surely some kind of law should be passed stating time restrictions for handheld lasers - dawn till dusk??

Don't see what having an M3 has to do with it???
My point is at over 1300 feet, in the dark, with 5 cars in the vicinity of my car how can the copper state precisely that my car was pinged. I fail to see what difference it makes to my case whether it was an M3 or a Vauxhall Vectra.

That's why I asked if there were any cars in the vicinity.

Anyhoo, we're hijacking piranha's thread.
ict_guy
QUOTE (greatscot @ Wed, 26 Nov 2008 - 22:20) *

Don't see what having an M3 has to do with it???
My point is at over 1300 feet, in the dark, with 5 cars in the vicinity of my car how can the copper state precisely that my car was pinged. I fail to see what difference it makes to my case whether it was an M3 or a Vauxhall Vectra.

That's why I asked if there were any cars in the vicinity.

Anyhoo, we're hijacking piranha's thread.

I agree with you 100%. Being an exdriver of an M3 I know what attention they can attract (once the police can see you, of course), however.

Sorry, enough hijacking!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.