Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Licence Problem After DR10
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
drsqueggy
Hello,

This is quite complicated but I really need some help.

In 2004 I recevied 6 penatly points for failing to turn up in court to produce my insurance documents ( I was out of the country at the time). I managed to get a court hearing upon my return and produced my documents and the points were revoked from my licence.

In 2007 I received a 20 month ban for a DR10 drink driving offence.

In September of this year I received an application for a full drving licence through the post and sent it off. My ban ended on October the 15th and I had not received my licence from the DVLA. On the 20th October I received a provisional licence not the full licence i had applied for and which I am entitled to. I phoned the DVLA straight away and spoke to someone who informed me that I had received the provisional due to the 6 penalty points I had received in 2004, being that I had only been driving for a year that my licence was revoked. I asked him to double check his data and he phoned me back stating that they had made an error and I should send the provisional back with a cover note and that my full licence would be reinstated straight away.

I sent the provisional licence off by registered mail and did not hear anything for a number of days so i called them up. I was told that they have no record of the points being revoked and that they had sent the provisional licence back to me in the post, also stating that I should phone the court and get them to fax through the relevant documents regarding the revoking of my penalty points. I have since phone the court and as i dont have the exact date of the court hearing they were not willing to check any data and basically told me to get back in contact with the dvla.

I have now received the provisional licence in the post again with a cover letter saying that they are sorry that I dont have a licence and that I need to resit my driving test!!!!

I seem to be going round in circles!! I am entitled to a full driving licence and I would like it as soon as possible!!

I have contacted my solicitor who was present in court, who remembers the case and is going to see what he can do but as I dont have the exact date of the court hearing it may take a while.

I have been through lots off hastle due to the above, I feel like awful knowing that I am entitled to a full licence but due to either the DVLA or court service being incompetent I cannot drive. I am also out of pocket because of this.

What can I do?? What is the best action to take??

Would be greatful for any input.

Thanks,

Mr C
southpaw82
Were you simply disqualified or were you disqualified until test passed?
drsqueggy
Was just disqualified!!

100%

Was even told in court when i was disqualified that I would be able to apply for a full drivers licence when my ban was up. It also even said the same on the form the DVLA sent me.
snowy1998
would I be right in thinking the date of the points on the license would be the same as the date they were issued by the court?

it may be a better way of tracking down the court date. just an idea.
The Rookie
QUOTE (snowy1998 @ Wed, 12 Nov 2008 - 03:42) *
would I be right in thinking the date of the points on the license would be the same as the date they were issued by the court?

it may be a better way of tracking down the court date. just an idea.

Offence date will be on the licence, but possibly won't show on the provisional as its probably more than 4 years since the alleged offence date.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.