Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP arrived - help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
freedom
What a fantastic forum - yes I will make a contribution - I am not frm this country originaly and think methods employed are very questiioonable at best - look forward to the european court heraing.

Currently disqualified to drive, I hold a europeasn licence – my vehicle was caught by camera and NIP received. I have other people drive my car – they are covered by their own insurance policy.

43 in 30, west sussex
date of offence: 6/11
date on NIP: 18/11
Received: 20/11

The driver could have been either a local friend or my brother – based in another eu country – but visiting (Swedish licence).

What is the best course of action to legally avoid any point and fines.

1. Should I first write to ask for the photographic evidence to be able to identify the driver? Were do I I write to? People have mentioned the CTO but the only reference I can find on my NIP is to Sussex Safety Camera Unit.

2. If the photos do NOT help to identify the driver, can than use a PACE to state that it could have been either of the 2 drivers?

3. If I do the above, is there then a risk that they will send a caution to them so that the PACE method would not work for them?

4. What if both of the possible drivers reply that even if it is possible that they do not think it was them at the time?

5. If they are denying, do they need to do so using PACE or is the NIP ok?

All I can think of right now but I am sure there will be more ……

Thanks iin advance
DW190
Do you know who was in charge of the vehicle at the time or who you left the keys with?
freedom
I believe that would have been my brother. Should I then just sign the NIP with his details? And noot bother with hthe photograpic evidence?
What if he nor the other person accpets the charge?
firefly
QUOTE (freedom)
I believe that would have been my brother. Should I then just sign the NIP with his details? And noot bother with hthe photograpic evidence?
What if he nor the other person accpets the charge?

Reading your post, it seems to me that it was your brother that was driving. Wouldn't you agree? icon_wink.gif

In your shoes, I would give his Swedish address on the form and send it back.
Divbad
As far as I know, PACE does not apply because you were not the driver at the time.

FF, If Mr Brother was the keeper at the time, surely RK has no other choice. Of course, RK has no way of knowing who was driving... per Mahindra
freedom
Ok, i think I will send a siigned form back wth brother's details.

Just to clarify the terminology - new to this discussion :

RK = registered keeper?
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (freedom)
RK = registered keeper?

Correct.
eXOBeX
Can you be SURE your brother was the driver?

I'd tell them it could be one of several people and ask for photographs. If the photos are unclear (or they refuse to send them), ring all the possible drivers and ask them "were you driving my car on dd/mm/yyyy at hh/mm?". If all four answer "No" you've done as much as you can, so name all of them and let the cops figure it out.

Remember, all this time the clock is ticking, after 6 months the cops are stumped!
The Rookie
Not sure why you want to complicate it, his brother was the keeper (not RK, but in posession of the keys) so he should be noiminated on the NIP, he can then nominate others as required.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.