Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: avoiding points by going on driving course
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
kdes24
which authorities offer this option. (seems unfair its not national)
bernmc
Warwickshire police do. After sending a PACE or two, we went to have a look at pics and one of the officers present casually mentioned that one of the offences would qualify for such a course (we had three pics from the same camera over a few days!).

I've ignored the hint and sent them the PACE letter anyway. May regret it, but I'm not going to make their life easy icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif
andy_foster
Thames Valley do, but from what I've heard only for 36 in a 30.
seylectric
I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that Lancashire were either doing it or about to, but again only for a set speed, I think the speed quoted was 34 mph here.
DW190
Lancashire have been offering speed awareness courses for over 12 months. They were only offered for speeds of 35 in 30 and cost £85.00.

You had to complete the NIP/s172 before being considered for the course.

The courses had limited places so you were not guaranteed a place.
Bluedart
Devon & Cornwall also. I think they were the first.
It costs alot of people a darned site more to go on this course, than sometimes too pay the fine. How far away you live from the testing site, also has a bearing on the cost remember!
I understand, you still suffer the idignity of the dreaded points.

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/v3/roa...speed/index.htm
DW190
QUOTE (Bluedart)
Devon & Cornwall also. I think they were the first.
It costs alot of people a darned site more to go on this course, than sometimes too pay the fine. How far away you live from the testing site, also has a bearing on the cost remember!
I understand, you still suffer the idignity of the dreaded points.
http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/v3/roa...speed/index.htm

Not in Lancashire. No Points given.
Bluedart
I can only speak for the Speed Enforcement Section of the D & C constabulary, not that I work there.
In the question and answer section,
There is not normally a printed photograph, only a reel of processed film. Prints are only taken when a case is heard in court. It is the policy of this Force not to send out prints by request but offenders have the right to view the offence by appointment.
That I believe has now been overturned, although I am still getting info that, refusing to send photographs still goes on. And I wonder why, when I have explained to them several times why a request should not be refused.

dw190 wrote
Not in Lancashire. No Points given.

Peter
anton
I think the speed quoted was 34 mph here

Why are these courses only ever offered to people who didn't even go over 40mph !!!!! I have cycled faster...
Parrot of Doom
A friend of mine attended one of these courses. He was asked what the stopping distance was for a given speed. He replied 'depends on the conditions, and what kind of vehicle you drive'.

Apparently he was wrong, and they would have failed him had he not backed down.

Good courses then :?
Bluedart
parrot of doom
Wrote
Good courses then

The examiner forgot Einstein wrote

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.