Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do NWP pre-book summonses?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bobg
I read somewhere that some Speed Camera Units pre-book speeding offences before the court, but not necessarily providing all info, so they do not get caught out by the 6 month timeout. Does anyone know whether this occurs in North Wales?? It would be pointless trying to string them along until the 6 months timeout if your case is already pre-booked!!
The Rookie
Why? Atkinson (http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2004/1457.html) makes it clear that where there is any question (e.g. summons printed outside the 6 months, even though the 'info laid' date is within), the onus is on the prosecution to prove that sufficient information was laid within the 6 months or the mag's court have no jurisdiction.

Simon
bobg
The question was clarification - as some forum answers I have seen in the past suggest possible dishonesty in the way it is done by certain partnerships. Also to get clarification on the whole process so that I can see if there is transparency so anybody can establish what was done when.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.