Hi
I hope someone can help me, was wondering if I have any grounds for appeal.

I recently recieved a PCN, code 83 attached to the vehicle, for parking in a council owned off-road pay and disply car park on Sunday at "The Quay" - Sandwich. Issued by Dover District Council.

Basically, I parked my car late on the Saturday night (parking free from 6pm onwards) and was willing to pay for my parking for Sunday morning but saw that the sign next to the pay machine stated:

"Parking is free on Sundays in the Sandwich Guidhall and Gazen Salts car park." Being from out of town I assumed that this notice applied to the car park I was in. I must admit that the sign does also state "Parking charges everyday inc. bank holidays" but i saw the "Free on Sundays" part and thought that superceded the previous part. I have attached photos of the sign which makes me feel pretty stupid now, but 2 of us misread the sign which i think is misleading and difficult to read in the dark. I have uploaded photos and pcn without personal details and would be really appreciate anybodys help. Thanks