Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Claims Didn't Give Way
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
vasc
hi there
my father has just received a pcn at the very same place.
he says that that when he went through he could not see anyone coming the other way.
it is not possible to tell from the photos on the pcn, where the on coming car was when he passed the give way line.
unfortunately the pcn does not have any glaring errors as with the pcn detailed above, but people have mentioned in the above posts that there are faillings with the evidence that the council may provide, can anyone elaborate?

also, as this is on a bend, and the scamara car (must have been one of those smart car jobbies as there is no fixed camera) was parked up on the near side, they would have had a better view round the corner than cars approaching the give way lines and indeed once commited to going through the restricted part of the road. i hope that makes sense.

thanks in advance for any advice

vas
Neil B
Eh?

At what same place? Has this been split from another thread?
-
Fredd
Yes - I've added a link to the original hijacked thread.
Neil B
Ta Fredd

Vasc, we need to see your PCN - ALL of it please.

See FAQs "Read this first" on how to post images.

-

vasc
whoops blush.gif
apologies for hijacking previous thread
thanks for the replies guys, will get the docs from my dad and upload them

cheers

vas
vasc
hope this works

thanks again guys
Teufel
there is no date or timescale for making representations

the threatened increase of charge and issuance of a CC make no refernce to
represntations

the without consent fetters your rigths sine it attemots ufairly to
reduce it to where a crime has occoured - this is not corect

PCN is invalid unfair and a nullity
Neil B
QUOTE (Teufel @ Tue, 9 Sep 2008 - 16:22) *
there is no date or timescale for making representations

Which is significant since it is a different timescale to that for payment.

-
vasc
so is it a case of writing back to the council as follows:

'since you have not provided any timescales in which to make representations on the pcn, you can FRO' ?

thanks again in advance

vas

RD400E
That's a total scam. Imagine, the give way markers are what looks like 20 yards from the pinch point. You have to start from a standstill or reduced speed and a car comes around the corner at 30mph!. Of course on a telephoto lens it may appear close but the reality is quite the opposite.
Had the smart car been parked on the offside kerb the 'evidence' would paint an entirely different picture.

I would get the entire video evidence and not pay them the tenner for it, or entertain any bullcrap they offer to spout !!
Neil B
QUOTE (vasc @ Tue, 9 Sep 2008 - 18:18) *
so is it a case of writing back to the council as follows:

'since you have not provided any timescales in which to make representations on the pcn, you can FRO' ?

laugh.gif laugh.gif love it!

Yeah, maybe a bit more specific, lol.

What RD says about the video is also worth investigating.
-
bama
this one has the distinct stamp of another famous 'zoomed' in pinch point... this needs nipping in the bud or they will raise a lot of money through phoney tickets.
vasc
so which course of action do you think i should pursue first?

and if i dont employ the fro defence regarding the missing timescale for representations, will i then be able to go back later and use it if i have already gone down another route for rejecting their pcn?

thanks

vas
vasc
anyone?
bama
post #7 from teufel nailed it (as is his habit).

suggest you tick the the box for "the penalty exceeds the amount payable..'
and in the text box tell them "PCN is invalid, unfair and a nullity"

they will probably reject and then the dance starts - but you are on solid ground.
vasc
thanks again for all your help guys

will let you know how i get on

regards

vas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.