Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Me Please!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
lennoxlewis
Dear all I am new and dont know what position i am in? I was caught twice in my first year of driving and my licence was revoked! I was just sent a letter saying i cant drive anymore. I took mu licence again nd passed in Nov 2006. The paper part of my licence is not showing endorsements and recently when i changed my address i was told by the DVLA i have a completley clean licence.

I got done by a camera on the road side with a very smug copper yesterday. What will happen to me now?

Im worried a whole sh*t storm i going to come down on me now!! Please help me what can i do? do i need to worry?
andy_foster
Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard (including the detailed questions reached by clicking on the Additional Questions button on the second page), and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.
lennoxlewis
Yeh i have had a look at all the info problem is i have not received anything yet - its my previous that im worried about. No where seems to state any legislation againt new drivers that were revoked that re-obtain a licence that then faces further speeding fines..
nemo
QUOTE (lennoxlewis @ Wed, 20 Aug 2008 - 15:24) *
Yeh i have had a look at all the info problem is i have not received anything yet - its my previous that im worried about. No where seems to state any legislation againt new drivers that were revoked that re-obtain a licence that then faces further speeding fines..

A driver's probationary period of two years from first becoming qualified comes to an automatic end if their licence is revoked and they retake and pass another test.

Once a retest has been passed, the driver is no longer subject to the New Drivers' rules and would be able to accumulate up to 12 points before the imposition of a totting ban became a possibility. But its important to note that a revocation under the New Drivers' legislation would not in itself result in the pre-existing penalty points (ie those which resulted in the revocation) being wiped from a driver's licence.

For most offences (speeding, contravening red traffic lights, dangerous parking etc), points are valid (for totting purposes) for 3 years, must remain on a driver's licence for 4 years and are generally required to be disclosed to insurers for 5 years.

If the DVLA claim that your licence is completely clean, then they either consider the points to have expired (ie more than 4 years from date of offence), or they have cocked up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.