Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nip And Procedures
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
duduradu2
HELP! I had received a NIP saying that I had 46 mph in 40mph area. This is first time in my life. I was socked because I pay a lot of attention to the speed. I already asked and received a photo to identify the driver. The pcture was the 2nd Frame. I was the driver at the time of the allenged offence. Coming out of the LLanfaipwll village, I remember the " Arivealive" car with the small back window lifted on the other side of the road, but facing towards me, but I thought at the time that is following the receding traffic. It was located outside the village, behind the "National Limit Applies" SIGN. The was a lane between my car and the van and that lane was quite busy because was 9.05 am and is the morning rush hour.The picture received is zoomed to help identify the driver, but I can see 2 cars just passing my car (in the pictures the last car was almost parallel with me), going into the 40 mph limit area and none of them has the bracking lights on. The picture does not show my position in relation with the "National Limit Applies" sign.
1-The NIP does not mention the type of the camera used, but it says: "photographic/ video evidence", and because it was a van, I suppose it was a radar type.
2-I'm worried that the other 2 cars influenced the radar in some way. Is that possible?
3-Shouldn't the radar face the oncoming traffic as per Acpo Section 7.5?
4- How is with SPEED Limit threshold of 10%+2mph?
nemo
Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard (including the detailed questions reached by clicking on the Additional Questions button on the second page), and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.

QUOTE (duduradu2 @ Tue, 19 Aug 2008 - 12:18) *
1-The NIP does not mention the type of the camera used, but it says: "photographic/ video evidence", and because it was a van, I suppose it was a radar type.

More likely laser. This can be confirmed if you scan the photo(s), remove any identifiable references and post the images (or links) back into this thread.

2-I'm worried that the other 2 cars influenced the radar in some way. Is that possible?

Not if it was laser, no.

3-Shouldn't the radar face the oncoming traffic as per Acpo Section 7.5?

No. The devices used are equally capable of measuring approaching and receding traffic (and are permitted to do so).

4- How is with SPEED Limit threshold of 10%+2mph?

46mph in a 40mph limit is 10% plus 2mph; this being the minimum recommended threshold for postive enforcement (ie fixed penalty / summons / SAC).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.