Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pcn Putney
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
enensis
The vehicle was parked:
  • On-road.
The first thing I received was:

• A Penalty Charge Notice attached to the vehicle

My vehicle was in Putney, It says Wandsworth Council on the envelope.
Alleged offence was: " Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place."

I think the vehicile was parked in a controlled parking zone. There were pay and display machines dotted around.

I have not informed them of who was driving the vehicle.

I have taken a few shots of the ticket and the end of the bay. As I think its not legal as it has 2 lines and no bay seperations.

enensis

enensis

Well there is all the info I have guys, I will get my sister to take a photo of the long stretch of the parking bay that continues up the road. I got the ticket on monday morning it was free on the weekend and I completely forgot about it the next day sad.gif

I hope you can help and look forward to hearing from you sleep.gif
patdavies
Thw PCN is only a purported PCN as it does not conform to the requirements of the regulations

Sched.1 of the regulations defines what is required to be contained in the PCN.

1. A penalty charge notice served under regulation 9 must, in addition to the matters required to be included in it by regulation 3(2) of the Representations and Appeals Regulations, state—

(a) the date on which the notice is served;

(b) the name of the enforcement authority;

© the registration mark of the vehicle involved in the alleged contravention;

(d) the date and the time at which the alleged contravention occurred;

(e) the grounds on which the civil enforcement officer serving the notice believes that a penalty charge is payable;

(f) the amount of the penalty charge;

(g) that the penalty charge must be paid not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the penalty charge notice was served;

(h) that if the penalty charge is paid not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served, the penalty charge will be reduced by the amount of any applicable discount;

(i) the manner in which the penalty charge must be paid; and

(j) that if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the period of 28 days referred to in subparagraph (g), a notice to owner may be served by the enforcement authority on the owner of the vehicle.
Glacier2
No mention of what happens if you don't pay, i.e. they will issue a NTO.

PCN is totally invalid.
enensis
Ah crap I forgot to upload that image sad.gif

Neil B
Bay details for comparison. It's iffy but perhaps not bad enough.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss/workin...rkingbay2sheets

-
Incidentally, who was driving is irrelevant.

-
enensis
my argument is that there are 2 lines but no seperated bays. Even the 2nd line at the start is pretty crap
enensis
so do you think I have a case? only have 11 days left to pay
Neil B
Honest answer. I don't think that bay is bad enough. Appealing with that alone may not be enough. Wait and see what others think.

Use the measurements I gave you to check it further - lines and gaps between them etc. - but like I said - although technically not a parking bay it might be judged sufficient.

Can we see the signs?
-
enensis
affraid i am unable to get a photo as i dont live in london. It said parking mon - fri 7:00am-4:30pm no longer than 7 hours.

I think I may just pay it I dont have alot of time left.
Neil B
I make the last day for payment at the discounted rate 31/8/08.

I haven't been able to find anything of value to assist an appeal but always worth seeing what others have to say.

-

enensis
here is the parking bay

and here is the sign

I hope you guys can find some fault here Cheers in advance smile.gif
Neil B
Bay is worse than it first looked but still not sure if enough. Bit busy but will check the sign later.

-

southpaw82
I don't think the times of operation ought to be on a separate panel. I believe the sign is a variation of 660.7. I think spearate panels are only allowed where there are different restrictions (ie one restriction per panel).

The bay appears to be a 1028.4, in which case it should not have double terminal markings.

You might want to check the measurements. No legend is permitted with this sign.
enensis
So am I correct in saying the sign and bay do not conform to regulations and therefore I can appeal?
southpaw82
You can. Not sure what your chances are.
dave-o
I personally think that those lines look like they've been sprayed on by a drunk teenager.

With that and the PCN errors i would definitely appeal. It may be rejected all the way but i think PATAS will uphold it.

If you do plan to appeal then you might as well wait for the NTO. There may be more errors on that too.
southpaw82
What PCN errors?
dave-o
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 26 Aug 2008 - 16:08) *
What PCN errors?

QUOTE (patdavies @ Tue, 19 Aug 2008 - 00:02) *
Thw PCN is only a purported PCN as it does not conform to the requirements of the regulations

Sched.1 of the regulations defines what is required to be contained in the PCN.

1. A penalty charge notice served under regulation 9 must, in addition to the matters required to be included in it by regulation 3(2) of the Representations and Appeals Regulations, state—

(a) the date on which the notice is served;

(b) the name of the enforcement authority;

© the registration mark of the vehicle involved in the alleged contravention;

(d) the date and the time at which the alleged contravention occurred;

(e) the grounds on which the civil enforcement officer serving the notice believes that a penalty charge is payable;

(f) the amount of the penalty charge;

(g) that the penalty charge must be paid not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the penalty charge notice was served;

(h) that if the penalty charge is paid not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served, the penalty charge will be reduced by the amount of any applicable discount;

(i) the manner in which the penalty charge must be paid; and

(j) that if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the period of 28 days referred to in subparagraph (g), a notice to owner may be served by the enforcement authority on the owner of the vehicle.

QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Tue, 19 Aug 2008 - 00:09) *
No mention of what happens if you don't pay, i.e. they will issue a NTO.

PCN is totally invalid.

Or you think Pat and glacier are wrong?
southpaw82
No, just not in possession of the full facts when they posted. See post #6.
dave-o
Ah i see.

So what would you do, SP? Wait for the NTO and hope there will be an error that will add ammunition to the crappy lines issue? Or just pay it now?

I know what i'd do....
southpaw82
I'd not be paying it but then it's not my money...
enensis
hmmm im not too sure the pcn looks valid but the spaces arent. i think ill just pay the £60 i dont want to pay £120
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.