Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Collection Order, Help Please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
leighrose
Hi, i got fined for not wearing a seatbelt. I didnt pay it as im not working at the minute and im absolulty skint. Anyway, i had a collection order come through from the magistrates court, But they have got my Date of Birth wrong on it, will this get me off the hook or buy me more time?

Thanks.
Pete D
No Pay it, before the baliffs call round. Pete D
patdavies
QUOTE (leighrose @ Mon, 18 Aug 2008 - 11:41) *
Hi, i got fined for not wearing a seatbelt. I didnt pay it as im not working at the minute and im absolulty skint. Anyway, i had a collection order come through from the magistrates court, But they have got my Date of Birth wrong on it, will this get me off the hook or buy me more time?

Thanks.

No, it won't.

Have you considered applying to the Court for time to pay (by instalments), rather than burying your head in the sand and hoping it will go away - because it won't
Watcher
QUOTE (patdavies @ Mon, 18 Aug 2008 - 14:02) *
QUOTE (leighrose @ Mon, 18 Aug 2008 - 11:41) *

Thanks.

No, it won't.

Have you considered applying to the Court for time to pay (by instalments), rather than burying your head in the sand and hoping it will go away - because it won't

Agreed - talk to the court before it gets worse!
Gaza
You will probably find the collection order will have already increased the amount due. This will continue to rise with Baliff costs being added. Ignoring a FPN is not a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.