Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 78mph In 70mph M6 Cumbria
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Dez25
Good day all,
I was just wondering a quick question i was heading up the M6 on Sunday 10th August and had my cruise control on set at 78mph (this is the speed it stated on my road angel plus) when i came up to a bridge with 3 cameras hooked up to a speed camera and then around 10 miles further up the road another camera van parked on the bridge. I was just wondering would 78mph get me 3 points and how accurate do you think the road angel would be sitting at a constant speed being GPS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
nemo
QUOTE (Dez25 @ Mon, 11 Aug 2008 - 21:08) *
I was just wondering a quick question i was heading up the M6 on Sunday 10th August and had my cruise control on set at 78mph (this is the speed it stated on my road angel plus)..

Whilst there is nothing in the ACPO guidelines which precludes prosecution of any speed in excess of the posted limit, the scammers normally commence enforcement (by the issue of a Fixed Penalty / summons) when a speed of [limit + 10% + 2mph] has been reached (ie AT 79mph in a 70mph limit).

QUOTE (Dez25 @ Mon, 11 Aug 2008 - 21:08) *
..when i came up to a bridge with 3 cameras hooked up to a speed camera..

Which sounds like an ANPR setup, rather than speed enforcement.
Dez25
What is an ANPR setup, sorry if thats a stupid question.
Pete D
Where were you. If this was Cumbria then most probably a NIP is on it's way soon. However the first bridge sounds like it is ANPR and second may have been a speed camera. Pete D
nemo
QUOTE (Dez25 @ Mon, 11 Aug 2008 - 23:05) *
What is an ANPR setup, sorry if thats a stupid question.

Automatic Number Plate Recognition in Cumbria.

The number plates of vehicles passing by the camera(s) are scanned and checked (automatically) against various databases - Police National Computer, DVLA, Motor Insurance, etc..

Any plates which have been marked according to any of the sources will result in the ANPR equipment sounding an alarm.

Any vehicle which trips the ANPR alarm will either be stopped by an intercept team or the vehicle details recorded to enable the RK to be contacted by post (ie in the case of untaxed vehicles).

ANPR cameras positioned three abreast on motorway bridges are not used for speed enforcement...yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.