Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Get The Bpa De-accredited!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
SuzieQ
I read recently ( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1668526.ece ) that last October new rules were brought in to stop any old company from requesting vehicle ownership details from the DVLA. Companies now have to belong to an 'accredited' organisation; the BPA is the only one, which I'm sure they're delighted about, since they charge £2000 upwards to companies requiring this privilege.

These companies are supposed to adhere to a code of conduct laid down by the BPA, one section of which states that parking fines should not exceed a maximum of £150. This is high enough but I note that BGS, who are a member of this scheme, charge £200.

I suggest that anyone who has received a fine of over £150 since October complains to the DVLA, and their MP, that the code of conduct is not being adhered to and that BPA does not perform any checks. At the same time you might mention that BGS and other companies do not "provide a proper and adequate Disputes Resolution Procedure which promotes and functions in a fair and reasonable manner", since they have a high financial incentive to ignore any appeal and no regulatory body to check that they are fair.

We should insist that accredited organisations actually earn their money and proactively regulate their members instead of washing their hands.

Full code of conduct available here:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/info_page....&info_id=26
southpaw82
QUOTE (SuzieQ @ Wed, 23 Jul 2008 - 17:02) *
These companies are supposed to adhere to a code of conduct laid down by the BPA, one section of which states that parking fines should not exceed a maximum of £150.

The law, of course, states that these "fines" can not exceed £zero.

We should insist that accredited organisations actually earn their money and proactively regulate their members instead of washing their hands.

Hmm, yes... a collection of PPC operatives "regulating" other PPC operatives. Not going to happen.

I'd urge anyone to completely ignore these PPC "tickets" and not engage with them or their bogus "organisation" at all.
bama
DO not forget that there is a LOT of council activity in the BPA as well as the PPCs.
Now why the councils should pay our money for this is beyond me. the decriminilised ones are in PATAS/PATROL - they have to be. and besides the fees there is the meeting attendance, travelling costs, hotels, dinners.
makes you wonder what the ocuncils use it for....

I have been informed that the BPA is putting the wind up PPCs, I guess because of the new consumer regs. Which tallis with the paperwork changes of late on the part of the PPCs. I would expect even more changes are due because even the new changed stuff (that we have seen) is laughable.
IMV PPCs will fracture into BPA members and the completely outrageous 'wild boys'.
When I think of the full implications of the regs I can see that the letters from the BPA members will become anodyne in the extreme - and so destroy their business model. I don't see how they can follow the regs and 'set the hook' very well.
Quite how many members they will lose remains to be seen.

they will still be kippered though smile.gif
jimmylesaint
Let's complain to BPA and DVLA when Code of Conduct not met. Get DVLA to fine the BPA each time one of their "so called" accredited companies breach.
Who is the BPA??
Are they funded by public?
How can they "monopolise the DVLA".
How do they justify their worth if all they do is take subscriptions and have caviar cocktails?
ftc001
The BPA regarding councils, offers a forum to council so that they might share information without being subject to information requests. It is the BPA , a private company that is party to the special interest group of councils 'operating' DPE. The BPA also offer forums to Interested parties including a platform for the chief adjudicator, Caroline Sheppard who has attended these private meetings on at least one occassion that we know of.
bama
add Rosie Winterton to list of attendees/presenters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.