Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SP60. how long till I can remove it.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
kosovosteve
Hi all,

Just a quick question about an SP60 that was kindly put on my licence by the Courts.

The offense was in March 2007 but the conviction was in Jul.

When will I be able to remove the points? The DVLA website is a bit sketchy.

Thanks in advance

Steve.
BaggieBoy
The points will no longer count for totting up purposes after 3 years from the offence date (i.e. March 2010), however you cannot get the points removed from the licence for a further year (i.e. March 2011).
andy_foster
Ignoring the minor point that there is (officially) no such endorsement code, it's 4 years from date of offence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Drive...ons/DG_10022425

Offence codes SP10 to SP50 must stay on a driving licence for four years from date of offence.

The site does not state when SP60 codes can be removed because they don't exist, but the above applies to *all* SP codes.

N.B. I am not suggesting in any way shape or form that *you* have misread your licence counterpart. I absolutely believe that that is what it says.
kosovosteve
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Fri, 4 Jul 2008 - 15:12) *
Ignoring the minor point that there is (officially) no such endorsement code, it's 4 years from date of offence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Drive...ons/DG_10022425

Offence codes SP10 to SP50 must stay on a driving licence for four years from date of offence.

The site does not state when SP60 codes can be removed because they don't exist, but the above applies to *all* SP codes.

N.B. I am not suggesting in any way shape or form that *you* have misread your licence counterpart. I absolutely believe that that is what it says.

Please pay special attention to the part that shows that SP60 IS an actuall offence.

http://www.radar-detector-shop.co.uk/speed...fence-codes.htm

nemo
QUOTE (kosovosteve @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 07:51) *
Please pay special attention to the part that shows that SP60 IS an actuall offence.

http://www.radar-detector-shop.co.uk/speed...fence-codes.htm

That information is [at least] 3 years out of date. The SP60 endorsement code is no longer valid, as has been pointed out by Andy and, for that matter, the DVLA themselves..
andy_foster
Please pay special attention to the disclaimer "As at January 2003".
Before that endorsement code was withdrawn, can you tell us what offence(s) it applied to?
kosovosteve
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 08:11) *
Before that endorsement code was withdrawn, can you tell us what offence(s) it applied to?

Appoligies for my last post chaps, I did not intened to sound so obnoxious.

I was given the SP60 in Jul 2007 for doing 93 in a 60 passing an unmarked Police car.

I attended Court and pleaded guilty and was given 6pts and a £300 fine. On recieving my licence it was endorsed with SP60.

patdavies
QUOTE (kosovosteve @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 18:03) *

I was given the SP60 in Jul 2007 for doing 93 in a 60 passing an unmarked Police car.

I attended Court and pleaded guilty and was given 6pts and a £300 fine. On recieving my licence it was endorsed with SP60.

If this was a non-motorway, it should have been an SP30.
kosovosteve
QUOTE (patdavies @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 22:33) *
QUOTE (kosovosteve @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 18:03) *

If this was a non-motorway, it should have been an SP30.

Is there anything I can do to have it changed?

Will it make any difference?
jeffreyarcher
You may also find this post of interest (not that it helps get it fixed).

QUOTE (kosovosteve @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 22:46) *
Will it make any difference?

Run some dummy quotes on confused.com

QUOTE (kosovosteve @ Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 22:46) *
Is there anything I can do to have it changed?

There no legal recourse (e.g. appeal, Judicial Review) after so long, however, in the first instance you should write to the court concerned.
If that fails (it probably will), you could try making an official complaint up the tree with HM Court Services (details on their web-site).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.