Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Points won't total 12 by court date
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Jaspr
Hello all, Just found this brilliant site smile.gif

I currently have 9 points on my licence (because I didn't know about this place probably). Got caught speeding, Offence was 39 in a 30.
When I returned the Fixed penalty they returned it saying I had to go to court because of the totting up procedure sad.gif I received my summons/court date which will be after 3 of my points come off taking me back to 6.

Could they still ban me or will it just be a fine ?

cheers

any thoughts would be useful.

Jaspr
BaggieBoy
The bad news is its the valid points at the time the offence that are taken into account for totting up purposes. So if you had 9 when the latest offence took place, 3 more will mean a totting ban is almost certain. The fact that they are no longer valid is of no help to you.
ontheroadagain
QUOTE (Jaspr @ Thu, 19 Jun 2008 - 13:57) *
Hello all, Just found this brilliant site smile.gif

I currently have 9 points on my licence (because I didn't know about this place probably). Got caught speeding, Offence was 39 in a 30.
When I returned the Fixed penalty they returned it saying I had to go to court because of the totting up procedure sad.gif I received my summons/court date which will be after 3 of my points come off taking me back to 6.

Could they still ban me or will it just be a fine ?

cheers

any thoughts would be useful.

Jaspr

I had a similar experince a couple of years back.Thames Valley sent me a NIP for 35 in a 30 huh.gif .I was on 9pts at the time so a ban was due.I dragged things out till 3pts were due to come off & eventually returned the S172 to take the 3pts.Thames Valley then replied to me saying that because I was due to be banned via totting up at the time I would need to go to court.They said the court would be in touch.That was nearly 2 years ago & still nothing off them tongue.gif Down to 3pts now but have a case inpending which I have a road traffic solicitor defending me for(I'm up for a ban for 92 ion a 60 ohmy.gif )good luck anyway.
Faraway
39 in a 30 isnt high enough for a short ban rather the 3 penalty points IMO but I dare say you could try asking for a short ban of a month in lieu of the points and cite the loss of the vehicle will cause problems for your dependent relatives and employer. if they agree then take a short holiday and on return you could be down to 6 points.
Jaspr
Thanks guys.
It sounds to flexible to just write off a guilty plea. I'll sopeak to a solicitor and let you know the outcome.

cheers

Jase.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.