Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What sort of time + money is it going to cost?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Happen
I've been chatting with jeffreyarcher on pms and also looking at the magistrates' Guidelines section of the site. I was wondering if people here could confirm that if I was going 55MPH in a 40 zone, that the magistrates are likely to stick to the guidelines and give me only 3 penalty points and a overall cost amounting to less than £300?
Jeff has said to me that a litigant in person has virtually no chance of succeeding in the Cumbria area, but if I can be bothered and people feel like the penalty will stay within those realms it may be worth it (as a sort of twisted day out in Cumbria.)

Is there anything else I should take into consideration, citing the fact of unpredictability in courts?
-Possibility of a larger penalty in a defence gone wrong?
-How many times is it likely I will have to go back and forth from Lancashire to Cumbria?
-Something that sticks with you longer and more personally than just accepting the original NIP, i.e because you went to court it will have to be declared in certain situations. (Just a lack of knowledge and experience of legal proceedings and courts here.)
Fredd
If you don't want the threads merged, then keep the subjects separate. How could anyone comment on your signage question without having to find your previous thread? If you end up with two threads being actively discussed at the same time then it also pushes someone else's thread off the page.
Happen
If you end up with two threads being actively discussed at the same time then it also pushes someone else's thread off the page.

I was looking to have the topic discussed on just this one thread, so as to prevent me from having to create this one and bump the other, knocking two persons threads off the front page. But i'm ok with this method aswell.
Fredd
In which case why didn't you discuss this in the original thread in the first place? However, don't worry, if that happens I'll merge them.
Happen
Nobody have an idea? It just has to be general, obviously it can't be specific.
jobo
the fine is based on disposable income but two to three hundred ponds sounds about right

http://www.pepipoo.com/Magistrates_guidelines.htm

at least two visits one to enter a plea one for the case its self

then if there are adjourments for the cps forgeting things like witnessess and evidence

ive found that being a long way from home Luton from manchester went in my favior as it seemed to add more credance to my not guilty plea, and they wouldnt give the cps an adjourments as it was long way for me to travel

dont understand your last point, you dont have to declare a court appearance for a motoring offence other than the endorsement

best advice is go smart, make eye contact with the bench and call everbody sir(or mam)

it also worth going and sitting in at your local mags to get used to the way it works and spot common mistakes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.