Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for DYL with Blue Badge... Advice please.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
southendpaul
Hi All,
This is my first post, but I have been reading through the Forum for a day or two...And it makes for very interesting reading.

I'm looking for any advice about a parking problem I had at the weekend.

My disabled wife and I drove into Southend Town Centre on Saturday Night. As there were no available parking spaces, and the Disabled Parking Bay was full, we parked on Double Yellow Lines. We were not causing an obstruction, and displayed her Blue Badge and Clock, correctly set, on the Dashboard.

When we returned to the car about 30 Mins later, there was a PCN under the wiper.

It was a Southend on Sea Borough Council issued PCN. The contravention was 01.. Parked In A Restricted Street During Prescribed Hours.

The part of the street we were parked on has 2 signs, which read 'No Loading, Mon - Sat, 11.00am - 6.00pm' There are Double Yellow Lines on the road, and Single Yellow Kerb markings.

The time on the PCN is 20.26.

From what I have read in the topics on here, the road signs and markings do seem to be in order. What I am a litlle confused about is the timings here.
If the No Loading restrictions are between 11am and 6pm, does that mean that outside of these hours there are no restrictions?.. And we would be allowed to Park on the Yellow Lines with my Wife's Blue Badge?
I would be very greatfull for any advice on this matter.

Many Thanks,
Paul.
Teufel
i believe that you can only park on DY with a blue badge where there are kerb clips
even if they are not operative from the time plates (which as you rightly say they were not)

chek the info guiven with the badge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.