Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Badly Marked Bays
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
wardenlove
Hi there!
My case is pretty simple, I parked in Glasgow in a wide street that I was genuinly convinced had no parking restrictions. I come back an hour later to discover a parking ticket from the Glasgow city council, I was infuriated as I would have paid had I known it was a paid parking area. I immediatly took many photos of my car and the parking bays, the bays are very badly marked there are no lines for about 3 bays and only at the ends of the street are there properly marked bays (even then they are faint). There is a faint line in front of one of the cars parked in front of me (and no lines around my car), a sign at the end of the road (very hard to see), I was pretty sure that it was not a parking bay at the time. Anyway I appealed, my appeal was rejected, I sent in many letters with photos etc. all ignored instead I was sent a bill of £60. My problem is, I'm getting confused with scottish law etc. Can anyone help me out with getting all the right acts and legal jargon together, the road was basically unmarked, as my photos (and anyone who checks that street) can prove.

Regards

Jozef
axeman
Warden, can you post the pictures?
Puke
Sorry I can't comment on Scottish parking law. But in my experience here in England it is definitely worth taking every PCN to the appeals service once it has reached the NTO stage.. at worst they will make you pay it. With PATAS in London, your hearing can be months into the future.
wardenlove
Yes I will try to get the photos not that it will help, it is no different to my description above. What I need is the appropriate Act, paragraph etc. of Scottish Law stating that bay should be correctly marked, I'm having difficulty finding it.. I would very much appreciate this..

Regards

Jozef
dave-o
QUOTE (wardenlove @ Tue, 3 Jun 2008 - 11:08) *
Yes I will try to get the photos not that it will help, it is no different to my description above.

It may well help - there are often discrepancies of the wording that will invalidate the ticket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.