Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RICHMOND COUNCIL PCN - help please!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
blu-tac man
Hi All

Got a PCN from Richmond Council this morning, for when the wife parked for 5 mins on 16 May 08 on Whitton High Street at 08.30hrs to nip into the bakers. Penalty Charge is £100, but £50 if paid within 21 days. She remembers the occasion, so I went on-line to pay it, only to discover there's a second, identical PCN for a week later, which has yet to reach us! Wife reluctantly remembers that one too!

Probably clutching at straws, but rather than shell out the £100, I'd be most grateful for any thoughts on the PCN and its validity. I've had a read on this site about queries over dates (28 days from offence or service? etc) and would welcome any asisstance. Also, what does "The PCN is being served by post on the basis of a record produced by an approved device" mean? Is that councileese for CCTV?

The PCN is here:

Many thanks in anticipation

BTM

p.s. - very sorry about posting three times - my PC was having a hissy fit!
Teufel
the fixed dates are claculartedfor the legal presumption of service of notice
(provided posted first class)

actual service may have been later

might have been sent second class ?

wether this is sufficnet to make invalid is uncertain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.