Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Advise on parking issue
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
steve_uk
Hi
Im after some advise from everyone.
The problem is about 3 weeks ago i got a letter from Derbyshire Consabulary saying intended prossecution and it was a form they wanted me to fill in saying my car was illegally parked on the Ziz -Zag lines of a pelican Crossing and they wanted me to sign it and post back so i did.
I remember being there because i was picking my daughter up from brownies but i wasn't parked on the lines i was a good few feet away.
But on thursday just gone i got a court summons saying i was being taken to court for parking on the zig zag lines and attached to the letter was a witness statement from a PC who said he witnessed it parked there at 19.51pm.

It says in the letter if i plead guilty that i should send the form back with £35 and i will receive penalty points added to licence,and if i plead not guilty to post back and another court date will be arranged where i can bring any witness's or evidence to back my side,the thing is i don't have any proof the only witness was my wife and daughter but would they take there word into account.
I really cant believe they can do this there was no notice on the car on the night because if there had of been i could have got a witness or photographic proof.
I really want to plead not guilty but am scared that i would lose because of lack of evidence and they would increase any fine/points wouldn't they
Is there any thing i could do?
Thanks
steve
Alexis
If you're positive you aren't guilty, plead not guilty. You might not have any evidence, but if you aren't guilty, don't plead it.

All you can do is be honest.

I'm not saying you'll win, but at least you would have had a punt and put some faith in justice.
Teufel
maggys court is a gamble

it is fo them to probve the offence beyond reasonable doubt

yes your kin can be witnesses
markie
Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a Police officer witnessed a car parked on zig-zags then shouldn't they have stopped and issued a Police Fixed Penalty Notice to the vehicle?

Thanks,

Mark.
steve_uk
hi markie
i thought thats what they should have done,
but no the first i knew about it was when i got that initial letter
if theres anyone who knows the facts on this part could you let me know
Teufel
did you get nip within 14 days ?

see the speeding forum for more info on criminal allegtions
steve_uk
yeah i got that 9 days after:(
The Rookie
It will then come down to your word against the PC and any other witness in court, a bit like Russian roulette really but without fatal consequences!

Simon
Faraway
are you absolutely sure you didnt have a wheel on the zig zags? The evidence of your family is relevant and where the pc was in relation to your car when he saw you commit this crime. If it was from the front and he had a clear view then it might be hard to overturn.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (markie @ Sat, 24 May 2008 - 15:13) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a Police officer witnessed a car parked on zig-zags then shouldn't they have stopped and issued a Police Fixed Penalty Notice to the vehicle?

And how would they know who to give the points to? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.