Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plymouth Notice to Owner
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Naga Shadow
Hello good people of Pepipoo!

My son has been at it again, I cheked the mail on my last trip home and found a NtO for a parking charge from Plymouth City council. Has anyone any experience of these people? Are they the real deal and does he have to pay. Is the case that where it is the council that the owner is liable.
I'm sorry but in the backwoods where I live I have still not got around to buying a scanner, otherwise it would be posted up.
Basically, this is a penalty charge for £60 for not paying his fixed penalty for not displaying a valid pay & display ticket, and of course the time has passed for paying the 50% discount.
Can anyone help on this as these are not the likes of Mr Brough, or are they?

Cheers

Jon
dave-o
QUOTE (Naga Shadow @ Fri, 16 May 2008 - 11:57) *
I'm sorry but in the backwoods where I live I have still not got around to buying a scanner,

If you have a digital camera just take a close-up photo of it.

It'll be well worth it as there are frequent mistakes in wording.
Naga Shadow
Aye, I was going to do that, but the question is, are these people PPC or real city council?
The reason being is the liability side of things, is it really the Owner/Keeper's liability or can you just say it wasn't me take it up with who was driving at the time. Presuming there is no s712 liability to name the driver as in a speeding charge. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Jon
Naga Shadow
Aye, I was going to do that, but the question is, are these people PPC or real city council?
The reason being is the liability side of things, is it really the Owner/Keeper's liability or can you just say it wasn't me take it up with who was driving at the time. Presuming there is no s712 liability to name the driver as in a speeding charge. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Jon
Glacier2
So S172 with parking. If this is council it will be owner liable. If it is PPC, the driver is the one they need to chase.

What does it say at the very top of the notice?
Naga Shadow
Notice to owner/keeper/hirer
Road traffic act 1991 (as amended)
Glacier2
Council PCN so you as owner is financially liable.
Naga Shadow
Thanks for clearing that up.

Jon
bama
check the TRO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.