pointless
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - March 2008
Date of the NIP: - 60 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 61 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): -
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - company car which wife & husband drive
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Don't know. This NIP came out of the blue. Can only assume caught by camera and original NIP sent to company who have given details of employee responsible for car.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Unsure
Do you know who was driving? - Unsure who was driving

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:49:18 +0100
pointless
This car is a company car used by a number of employees throughout the day and taken home at night. The offence was in the morning when it is unusual for someone else to be driving but not unknown. I am not 100% certain who was driving the car 2 months ago. The company are usually quite good at paperwork and therefore I am surprised the NIP has taken so long. If the company told the police who they thought was driving over 14 days ago does that mean the NIP just received today is too late to be enforced. I have kept the envelope which is not postmarked and is a postage paid envelope but this may not be relevant as the NIP is dated yesterday. Any advice would be gratefully received. Regards, Mark
andy_foster
QUOTE (pointless @ Wed, 14 May 2008 - 20:42) *
If the company told the police who they thought was driving over 14 days ago does that mean the NIP just received today is too late to be enforced.

No.
Read the FAQ
The Rookie
You will now just have to use reasonable dillignce in trying to ID the driver, checking anything relevant you can think of, come back to us with an update and then some suggestion can be made on how to reply.

First step would be to write to the scammers and asking for photo's to help identify the driver (don't ask for evidence or proof).

Simon
pointless
Many thanks for the advice. I'm concerned that I have to reply within 28 days. Is it alright for me to write to the scammers towards the end of the 28 days which means I won't be able to trace the driver in time, or should I write straight away and hope to get a reply quick enough for me to reply before the 28 day deadline. I suppose what I'm asking is 'is writing to the scammers asking for photos to aid ID a legitimate reason to exceed the deadline' and will I get a new deadline? In the meantime I'm trying to find out from the company what correspondence they got from the scammers and when.

How do I find the address for the scammers/ Do I just write back to the address on the NIP?

Regards

Mark
The Rookie
You need to name the driver within 28 days, or provide what information you can, so write for the photo's ASAP, once they come back repost...

In the meantime check anything you can that may help ID the driver, mobile phone records and card receipts for you to see if you were driving....

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.