Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 48 in a 30
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
aceboy
Hi there, I am both new to the site & new to getting caught for speeding, so please be gentle with me.......Thi si from the wizard:

Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Constabulary - Sussex

Do you think I will get Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) ? if so what do you think it will be 3 point? 6 points? other...

Edit: I have had a dig around, and sussex police tave this on their site:
If you complete the NIP in the allotted time you will receive a letter with a Conditional Offer. This means you will be offered the chance of paying a £60 fine and your licence will be endorsed with 3 penalty points. This can be done by post. You are required to send the fine and your driving licence, with its counterpart, to the Fixed Penalty Clerk at Brighton Law Courts.
Your licence will be endorsed with three penalty points and returned within a few days.

You may wish to contest the allegation at court, which is your right. However, if magistrates find you guilty you may have to pay court costs of several hundred pounds plus up to the maximum penalty of £1000 and 6 penalty points.

If your licence already has 9 points, and/or your speed was excessive, you will be dealt with directly by the Magistrates' Court and you will not receive a Conditional Offer.

What do the class as "Excessive Speed"

Thanks

nemo
QUOTE (aceboy @ Tue, 13 May 2008 - 18:13) *
Do you think I will get Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) ? if so what do you think it will be 3 point? 6 points? other...

A Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty is 3 points and £60.

QUOTE (aceboy @ Tue, 13 May 2008 - 18:13) *
What do the class as "Excessive Speed"

Fixed penalties are not ordinarily issued for speeds of 20mph or more in excess of a 30mph speed limit or 26mph or more in excess of 40, 50, 60 & 70mph limits.
The Rookie
Please repeat the wizard using the additional questions button so we have all the info!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.