Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colleague NIPed 40 in 30 by GATSO
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
raider
Hi All,

A Colleague of mines Husband has received a NIP for an alleged 40 in a 30 captured by GATSO in Staffordshire. The Husband is the RK and the NIP was received 13 days after the offence, so no get out on that front.

H has already phoned the Ticket Office to request copies of the picture (a mistake I know, but one that can't be undone) as both H & W drive the car (they have 2 cars of the same model and the first one out takes which ever is at the back on the drive) and can't remeber who was using it that day.

I seem to remember reading somewhere on here that a defence could be for H (RK) to nominate W as driver on his NIP and then for W to nominate H on her NIP as they can't be compeled to give evidence against each other.

One added complication is that H is in the fire service and so any points could affect his job.

Thanks in advance
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (raider)
I seem to remember reading somewhere on here that a defence could be for H (RK) to nominate W as driver on his NIP and then for W to nominate H on her NIP as they can't be compeled to give evidence against each other.

That could come badly unstuck (attempting to pervert the course of justice) if the photo identified the driver.
However, you already seem to be taking steps to obviate that possibilty. icon_wink.gif
If they are genuinely unsure, you should check out the, "We Can’t Recall Who Was Driving" post in the FAQ forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.