Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 103mph in a 60
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
5doorvtec
I was going along the a35 in dorset(eastbound)

it was about 9pm

saw the unmarked omega a bit to late to slow down

he pulled me and showed me the laser gun thingy with the 103mph at so many metres etc

i asked about the calibration certificate and he said that i can be shown it if i ring up the authority or something.

i already have 6 points.

i am expecting a ban but i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and could tell me what to expect..

cheers
The Rookie
A Ban.....either a straight ban for the offence, or 6 points for the offence and a totting ban of 6 months....

Simon
5doorvtec
do you have to retake your test after the ban is up?

also how do insurance react to speeding bans? will it become stupidly expensive? i will have driving for 3 years with 1 yr ncb before i go to court

many thanks
The Rookie
NO, usually just have to reapply for your licence jst before its up, you may be ordered to take a retest (not sure of the parameters) but I haven't heard of that for just speeding.

Insurers don't like bans, you will get loaded for it, how much I don't know, run some dummy quotes through comparison sites like confused/tescocompare/gocompare...

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.